Thread: Tidy WB Ute

Banned

Tidy WB Ute

Now thats been well looked after. Lucky if they get the money they want though.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1984-Holden-W...#ht_506wt_1141
    Last edited by wbute; 16-11-2010 at 01:05 PM. Reason: fixed link

i think there is something in the water in victoria coz u do see some crazy asking prices out of there...

Banned
    It comes down to demand I suppose. However I reckon that there would be less factory ordered V8, bucket seat, sports dash wb kingswoods left than hj/x/z sandman utes. If not then there wouldnt be much difference in the numbers. This one appears to be rust free (as we all know photos can differ to real life by quite a bit though) and is in excellent original condition.

Now if a HZ Sandman ute was for sale in the same condition what would it make I wonder?

And.... the wb has the same build specs as a HZ Sandman, except it is WN instead of WM. If HZ/X kingswoods hadnt had the strips up the sides and tailgates I bet all Sandmans would have been WN as well.

Anyway, I dont find it as valuable as HZ Sandman in the same order either. Just making a useless observation really and wishing my WB was worth what he is asking too

Sandman Guru
    There was one of these near identical up where my Mrs comes from in northern NSW. It was a one owner, red WB Kingswood ute with full instrument dash but about 100,000kM on it. It was a 202 4spd and buckets with factory air from memory, only damage was the driver's side quarter strip had a hole in it. I offered $10k for it, and was going to buy it and put a 308 in it. It ended up selling for $12k and had 2 x blokes fighting over it. So maybe $17k isn't so silly for a factory V8 example. The only thing that will let this one down is the canopy as it will have marked the original paint when it gets removed.

Thread Information