Thread: Swap meet in Blacksmiths this morning

Sandman Guru

Swap meet in Blacksmiths this morning

Dropped in to this on the way home from an ovrnight shift.

What a joke. For every car part there was 100 pieces of chipped glass, rusty axe heads, Chinese tools or other junk that belongs at the tip! Who the hell buys this junk?

I managed to pick up a few small things, like a NOS HQ-HZ TH400 speedo cable inner, a bottle full of NOS HQ-WB windscreen mould clips, 1 x V8 HEI dizzy and 2 x V8 points dizzy and a little gem: A HZ "SERVICEMAN'S GUIDE" to put in the Sandman book. But apart from this there was bugger all else.

If anyone has copies of HQ, HJ or HZ Serviceman's Guides i'd be interested as i'll need those for the book.

ya never know what i have hiding...you should ask coz ive got a heap of those serviceman books..i should be able to cover hq hj hx for you byron...

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Dropped in to this on the way home from an ovrnight shift.

What a joke. For every car part there was 100 pieces of chipped glass, rusty axe heads, Chinese tools or other junk that belongs at the tip! Who the hell buys this junk?

I managed to pick up a few small things, like a NOS HQ-HZ TH400 speedo cable inner, a bottle full of NOS HQ-WB windscreen mould clips, 1 x V8 HEI dizzy and 2 x V8 points dizzy and a little gem: A HZ "SERVICEMAN'S GUIDE" to put in the Sandman book. But apart from this there was bugger all else.

If anyone has copies of HQ, HJ or HZ Serviceman's Guides i'd be interested as i'll need those for the book.
    I reckon the same bloke came to the Parkes Swap meet, as we too saw those NOS speedo inner for turbo 400, (there were a few) I picked it up then put it back, when R told me what was coz just got rid of our T400 for a gearblox...all in original package too....and I a lot of junk there now, and I guess noone buys it as it seems to be the same glass dishes at every market, and swap meet....
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ozbox View Post
    ya never know what i have hiding...you should ask coz ive got a heap of those serviceman books..i should be able to cover hq hj hx for you byron...
    Will do. I never asked before because i'd never seen one. Should be a good addition to the book as they have every specification you could think of for each series in one place, from torque wrench settings to trimatic band adjustments to headlight aiming specs.

found them for you byron...in good nick too...

Sandman Guru
    Cool, I just need HZ - I have the HX one. Will pick them up soon!

best i go see if i have an hz one then..

Thread Information