Thread: My ute

My ute

this is my 2001 ford xr6 tickford pursuit limited edition only around 400 made, good car mainly on those days when the panel van plays tricks on me

Banned
    Nice ute.

I dont think I have seen a stock ramp/grid in a driveway in town before. Assuming its in town by the curb and guttering and tar road!

Tell us about the van!

yeah we are in town, and with the grid that is a common question with no answer lol.
    i have pics of the van in the replica section its orange, just look at the pics and ask questions and tell me what you think.

See I am not the only one who like Fords as well as Sandmans.....This is our family car....but it sits in the shed and has the battery charger on it most of the time :lol:

HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Very nice looking ute, you don't find many in that condition.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Sandman Guru

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jennie285 View Post
    See I am not the only one who like Fords as well as Sandmans.....This is our family car....but it sits in the shed and has the battery charger on it most of the time :lol:

Geez, they are multiplying! Jennie, does it sit in the shed because you are embarrassed to drive it?

at byrons comment....

P Plater
    I've changed my opinion of them now. Previously I wouldn't have even considered one.

But after taking a new Boss 335 for a really good spin yesterday, I'm convinced HSV have a lot to worry about. It's the first "modern" car I've driven in a hell of a long time that has some resemblance of a soul. The thing is unreal. It drives so easily & gently, but give the throttle a bit more (it has a fair amount of spring resistance in the fly-by-wire unit) and all hell breaks loose. Power comes on real strong from low revs, is absolutely hammering from 3000 - 4500 RPM, where I thought it would start to fall away, but no, it keeps on surging all the way to 6000. The N/A Coyote engines can spin to 7500, but the aussie supercharged versions are limited to just over 6.

I thought I was quite hard on it (bounced off the limiter a few times, and probably came close to overheating the brains in the traction control computer), but the FPV guy I was with claimed I was quite reserved! The exhaust has a real nice note in the car - but a little bit "slappy" from the outside - like a 253 used to be, but it makes all the right noise when the throttle is opened, and it has a real nice crackle on the over-run.

I'm almost converted.....

Sandman Guru
    At least it is a V8! So it makes the right sounds.
    I must admit, when I came back from Europe a few months back i'd reverved a Calais with Hertz. They gave me a G6E instead. It was a heaps better car to drive than the VE Calais with the awful V6 in it. I always complain that hire company VE's don't drive half as good as my old V2 CV8, at least the G6E was closer. Give it a V8 and nicer suspension and it would be a good car.

Thread Information