Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My other love

My other love

Went to the Ford dealership to trade in No1 son's magna and this is what we found....

HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Banned
    Is that No1 sons now????????? Looks pretty good for a ford.

Cobra

NO BUT i TEST DROVE IT BECAUSE IT 1 OF 100 COBRA UTES MADE IT WAS NO. 39 2007 MODEL IT WOOD MAKE A NICE BUILDERS UTE BUT A BITE INPRACTABLE AND NO NO.1 SON IS LOOKING AT A FORD 4X4 XLT DUAL CAB SORRY BLOCKER THIS IS NO ANYTHING TO DO WITH SANDMANS BUT THOUGHT IT WAS SO WORTH MENTIONING BECAUSE THEY ARE A LIMITED RUN SPECIAL VEHICLE
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Sandman Guru
    Wow! Backtrading a Magna to a Ford! Blocker, heathen words like these should be banned from a divine Holden forum!

Seriously though, that ute would look OK if not for the stripes (at least it is a V8 not one of those hairdryers). Makes them look too much like those ugly XC coupes that I hate. Maybe put XA GT coupe styling on it and they'd sell like hotcakes.

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Makes them look too much like those ugly XC coupes that I hate. Maybe put XA GT coupe styling on it and they'd sell like hotcakes.
    I think the XC Cobra coupes look great.Having said that i wouldn't oblect to either a XA,XB or XC coupe in my shed.

as much as i hat to admit it, i think the current Ford ute is better than the holden.
    i drove a FPV 6 cyl turbo recently, wow, and they are much better finished off inside than a holden.
    still wouldn't buy one though...
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

Sandman Guru
    I have to disagree Agro, I reckon XB and XC are the ugliest cars ever built in Australia, bar none! Funnily I love the look of the XA and an RPO83 coupe is the one single Ford i'd happily own!

Adam, they probably are a better ute than the Holden ute but principally because they have leaf springs and they can tow more than an empty box trailer. Not sure why you'd want a turbo 6cyl in a work truck though, when a V8 is available!

Banned
    How about a turbo V8 landcruiser ute? All I need to do is win lotto and the pilux would become one. Come on Holden, bring out the modern day Overlander.

I reckon an ordinary HT/K/G sedan would be up there among the more ugly of Australian cars.

Surely the P76 was uglier than an XB/C falcon?

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    How about a turbo V8 landcruiser ute? All I neoed to do is win lotto and the pilux would become one. Come on Holden, bring out the modern day Overlander.

I reckon an ordinary HT/K/G sedan would be up there among the more ugly of Australian cars.

Surely the P76 was uglier than an XB/C falcon?
    No1 son wanted a v8 Landcruiser but the price of them is ridiculous for what you get....

they made a cross8 which was the closest recently built holden vehicle to an overlander, we had one for 4 years was great 4wheel drive, kids in the back, work vehicle for a builder and V8 (modified exhaust immediately) then when petrol prices soared it became impractical for a town runabout, so we traded....
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Sandman Guru
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - I reckon HK sedans look great! Agree that P76 is no glamour, but looks better to me than an XB or XC.

GMH never built the Overlander. It was a totally separate company, just like HDT in the early days when Brock had it.

Agree, V8 Landcruiser is way too dear. Plus it uses parts cleaner instead of Petrol, so that turned me off too. Hence why I replaced my Cross8 with a V6 Hilux. When it gets a bit older and Marks 4x4 does some conversion stuff i'll probably convert it to a 6.0L GenIV, unless someone gets sensible and starts selling V8 4x4 utes here. I did seriously consider a brand new Patrol ute, then later scrapping the diesel and fitting a GenIII/IV, but it was all too hard and I couldn't suffer the gutless 3.0L lump in it for a year or so to allow any warranty issues to resolve themselves. Rumour is Nissan has a new petrol V8 for the Patrol wagon, hope the utes gets it too (not holding my breath though).

Thread Information