Thread: Lima Sth - Vic (near Benalla)... camping Melbourne Cup Weekend

Lima Sth - Vic (near Benalla)... camping Melbourne Cup Weekend

Ok, so I'm slackg off.... just realised I hadn't put anything on here re the next run..... We're off to a place called Midland Caravan Park in Lima Sth on the Midland Hwy half way between Benalla and Mansfield (google Lima Sth). We're actually staying at the very back of the caravan park in a semi bush setting... BYO everything, however, we can use the facilities, i.e. showers, toilets, swimming pool (if you're game), outdoor cinema (yes, lounge chairs, screen projector, outdoor kitchen & BBQ provided) . 's allowed, u can also bring chainsaw - they'd luv us to clear some of the crap and use it for firewood (helps with their summer clean up). There's a dirt bike track for big and small kids , there's also Lake Nihlacootie just down the road which has filled and is great for water sports of all kinds... & boating & the like. It's $6 per person per nite but no power. Any queries, email me at VanNats@live.com.au. Sorry for the short notice. Dates are some arriving fri nite 29/10, the rest arriving 30/10. Departure is up to you but the last of us r leaving on 2/11. So if you're still lookg for something to do with your long weekend... come join us... or just come anyway even if you're not entitled to a long weekend.... this is also a possible future Nats site... it was proposed at the Nats this year but lost the vote.

Banned
    Cars,bikes and chainsaws..... now that sounds like the go!

come on down.... the more the merrier!

Banned
    Sounds unreal. Wish we could. Have a great weekend!

certainly plan to... just remembered the gas bottle this morning and had it refilled... haven't packed anything yet, but then I'm one of those anally organised people with a list that u just tick off.... that way u don't forget anything...yeah right! LOL..... rain is forecast, but we have tarps, umbrellas, boots and dryzabones.... all good. Shall post pics when we're back........sooo anybody else comin??

Hello,not sure if this is going to work. Hope the pics come out ok. We ended up in the caravan park by the rotunda cos it was tooooo wet for the bush camping. The owners were concerned for the vans (he has a beddie himself that he's doing up over the last 20 years....LOL). Great place, fire bin (with chimney), outdoor cinema, outdoor kitchen, big BBQ, sound system... great peeps, food, entertainment. It did clear a little on the Sunday, but everything was soaked. We had such a good time, we're going back next cupweekend, so if you want to plan for it, mark it in your diaries.

[IMG]IMG]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/mazdragon-foties/Lima%20South%20Cup%20Weekend%202010/camparea_2.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/mazdragon-foties/Lima%20South%20Cup%20Weekend%202010/Mia.jpg[/IMG]

--- Updated ---

[/COLOR]hmmm. you'll have to click on each by the look of it... not sure why they're not all showing.
    Last edited by Mazdragon; 03-11-2010 at 10:48 PM.

because they are tagged as URL and not IMG

thank u Blocker... all fixed now.

Thread Information