Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Engine

mary kay pink is a nice mild pink....

did i at any point in time mention the colour PINK? and who said anything about mild??

oh and BTW, i'm getting an engine from Qld... 308, apparently some bits missing, but it's a start..... will hopefully see it on the weekend and go over it to find out what's missg... and of course, it's the right price!

I also spoke to someone about the gas tanks, apparently IMPCO (?) make a tank that fits into where the current petrol tank sits and then they also mentioned that there's space on the passenger side for another tank as well.... yes, i'm thinkg of 3 tanks! go gas.... need to eat more beans!
    Last edited by Mazdragon; 29-10-2010 at 02:46 PM.

maz I have a smaller tank in the position that the fuel tank was than a bigger tank where the spare wheel went

G'day all,
    Ive painted manifolds in 4 to 5 coats of clear before. It gives it a matt finish that always looks good ond is easy to hose clean later.
    Love that Capri Blocker my first year of my Apprenticeship the spanner spinner i was working for had one with a Blown Boss 302 in it. One run around the block and it was Supercharger only for me.
    When i start my fresh engines Jen i dont prime the pump, i hook up a converted fire extingusher that you fill with oil, plumb into sender unit hole, hook up air and when you start cranking you hit the trigger. Gets pressure right from the start everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by abncraig View Post
    maz I have a smaller tank in the position that the fuel tank was than a bigger tank where the spare wheel went
    that's what's been suggested to me too, my bigger tank that i've already got i was told holds 72 usable litrs, but i've never ever filled it over 45L, but i've also never run it completely empty. Closest was read light flashing for around 30k's. Then apparently you can get a tank to fit where the petrol tank is now and then another tank on the other side. So i'm going to find out about that. thanx.

Hi Jennie, Nice looking 253, did you run an original camshaft or go for somthing a little more performance orientated?
    Im in the process of building a 253 myself, mainly for the exercise of building a motor myself. I decided to go for a crow performance street cam, just to make driving it a tad more exiting.....
    DON'T LAUGH YOUR DAUGHTER COULD BE IN HERE!

I pick up the engine in a couple of weeks to get it back to my place... 308 turbo pattern... woohoo! then the work starts.. well actually, somebody will do the work for me.. used to do the stuff myself with my dad, and whilst i don't mind getting my hands dirty, i'll let others do the major work. So from there its finding someone to do the honing - major lips at top of bores, then get the heads decked for gas and then to decide on just what kind of cam... definitely for gas, but hmmmm just how radical do i go???:Chin: will need a dizzy (it doesn't hav one), need radiator and will need the brackets for the air con and power steer and of course, still deciding on auto or manual.... luv driving a manual (got this thing about playing with sticks!) or do I go the easy way out and get an auto??:weights: and then of course the rest of the bits too... should hav enuf $ to get a major part of it done .. unfortunately not in time for the nats unless a miracle happens in the meantime. Ahhhh, the joys of engine building followed by the joys of driving it .... ok, i'll settle down now.

Thread Information