Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my garage

my garage

these r our other cars

my r34 skyline, auto and modded for me to drive. i call it spud hehe.

my john deere mower

our navara

my very special horse. i do have 2 horses, but can only ride this one as he understands the no hand riding thing!

my 68 dodge truck. currently also needing some TLC, as in new brakes and looking into converting it to auto if i can

and my pride of fleet

my OH also has an r32 gtr, i dont have a photo of it however. but its currently getting a rebuild.

to add to the fleet would like a 67 chevvy impala haha. a sandman ute if i ever came across one.
    1973 HQ with HZ front. Currently waiting for its resto.
    308 for sale too

Banned
    Nice collection, I even have to go against all my brain washing and say the Skyline looks pretty good.
    Not to sure about the horse though.........
    I wonder if you could go with a 318 and a torque flight auto for the Dodge?
    Its the right colour ride on too!

yeah i never thought id own an import. but it is actually a lot nicer than my old vt ever was, tho thevt wsa manual, and the skylinh has to b auto as all my cars to nw, but gosh it does fly. and is lovely to drive. and contrary to popular belief, it is well made! its same year as my old commo, but feels like new!!

haha whats wrong with the horse

probably. i have an auto that will fit the hemi slant 6 engine in there. but theres the worry of a truck bing auto, its technically just a big ute, but wouldnt want to lose brakes sort of thing? it doesnt have air brakes. but an auto i can keep in a low gear may be better than a manual in low gear? not sure.

yes! best mower ever!
    308 for sale too

new wheels given me a bit of indepandence back in love with it, its so nice to drive, handles awesomely! better than the skyline to b honest! but its a lot newer!

308 for sale too

Very nice, they are a great ute and they come with all the good's. I have an 07 VZ ute (not an SS) and I love it also. I lowered it and it handles incredibly well, as it doesn't have a body kit I don't have to worry about it scraping anywhere.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Sandman Guru
    V8 utes are good stuff, I loved my VY SS manual but I had to sell it as it couldn't even tow a box trailer reliably!

i used to have a VT wagon in manual which was really fun. but the skyline was a hell of a lot better than that (tho it wouldnt tow, haha tho i always wanted to try, it sort of had same size engine as the vt, almost hahahaha) but this VE is sensational!
    308 for sale too

Sandman Guru
    You still can't tow with a VE ute, especially a manual. 1200kg is the limit, so basically an empty car trailer with a fridge on it! I think the auto is 1600kg (car trailer with a gemini!). VE wagons appear to be the best compromise. A V8 auto SSV or CalaisV can tow 2100kg from memory, and if you do the calcs they also meet the ATO's criteria for an FBT "exempt" vehicle like a dual cab. I would have bought one instead of the Hilux, except 2100kg is slightly too low (car trailer weighs 700kg, HJ Premier and HK GTS weigh about 1600kg each). If GMH would just be sensible and fit a solid rear axle and leaf springs to the ute like F)%d do it'd sell like hotcakes! Especially if, like the F*&d they were a cab/chassis.

yeah this one is auto as i cant drive manuals anymore, but it has enough of a capacity to tow my horse would just tow them both i think if the trailer is lighter. but i only can ride the one. that is the only downer with it, the tow capacity. but we wil lget another navara down the track a bit. good ot know the wagon has more tow capacity.
    one strike for GMH, they tick all the other boxes tho
    308 for sale too

Sandman Guru
    They defintely do! It was so hard not to buy one, but I needed the tow capability. I even serioiusly looked at using an old WB van my mate has stashed away as a tow vehicle, and having a nice white VE ute to drive. I would have had to ditch the 202 and M20 from the WB, and fit a V8 and auto, but I bought the V6 Hilux instead. Marks 4x4 are working on a GenIII/GenIV conversion for the 2010 V6 auto Hilux, so maybe in the next few years it'll get a boost! Only trouble is the damn thing is too tail-happy as it is, so it might have to have a tru-track or similar fitted.
    PS, I almost bought an ST-X V6 Navara, but even though they can tow 3000kg, apparantly the stupid clutches can't (reports of 10,000kM changes on them). The Hilux won on account of a superior auto box, even though it was $5,500 dearer than the Navara.

Thread Information