Thread: SPECO Twin Shifter and factory A/C

SPECO Twin Shifter and factory A/C

Hello all I was wondering if you can help me with some questions for my HJ Panel van Build.

1) Does any one have any experience with the SPECO Twin Shifter ( was looking at one just for something different) and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on them or knows if they fit in a factory centre console?

2) Was toying with the idea of putting factory AIRCON on my van ( it didn't come with it also now has rebuilt 308 ) does anyone have a list of parts for the factory A/C system I would have to source? Is it possible to get recondition compressor if not what can take its place to use modern A/C gasses.

Thanks in advance.

Speco twin shifter should fit the factory hole and console. They work fine and look sort of sweet in a modified car.
    Neutral needs to be selected and then using the small lever you can place it into reverse. You reverse the operation to get use of the forward gears again.
    Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

Banned
    Factory integrated air
    Inside cab
    Dash controller, inner firewall heater core cover, heater core, ducting, right plenum vent block off.
    Engine bay
    Outer heater box cover with evaporator and receiver drier and four speed fan, compressor and mounting kit, wiring harness and vacuum control hoses, vacuum control heater tap, condenser and thermo fan, triple or twin belt bottom crankshaft pulley.
    Probably other bits I have forgotten. Best way is to buy a complete setup. They are difficult to fit as you need to pull complete dash out and the outer cover on the firewall is hard to fit with engine in (not impossible though). You will need a new drier too.
    You can buy new compressors to suit and new hoses can be made.

Twin shifter don’t bother but thats you’re choice
    Air con just buy brand new Vintage air
    Don’t waste time and money on a 40 year old system
    My 2 cents worth

Thread Information