Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this a HJ sandman

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Learner Driver

Is this a HJ sandman

Hi all, found this panno in a shed and before I make an offer just want your views on this is/isn't a sandman. Yep it's got the XX7 but is there any way of matching this tag to the chassis number tag as all tags have been removed before, screws not rivets. From what I can find out about the glovebox tyre sticker, that's from a HZ and not a panlvan. Has console bracket but I'm not sure what to look for with the roof lining that's meant to go all the way back? If anyone has a pic of what to look for, that would be nice. Thanks all.
    Last edited by HX Hunter; 15-06-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Yes. The xx7 confirms it.

- - - Updated - - -

Look above the rear tailgate (on the inside). There should be a strip running the entire length above the tailgate of sharp saw like metal teeth. These were used to attach the full length headlining. You wont be able to see them if there is a headlining installed. You can match the chasis number which should be on the chasis under the bonnet towards the front of the car with the id plate.

Learner Driver
    Yep the chassis number does match the body tag, but from this tag what matches it to the other two tags one of which has the XX7 on it?

The rear metal strip doesn't always mean its a Sandman some Kingswood vans had full hoodlining
    its a Sandman go buy it

The one with XX7 on it matches the skinny one. And the one with the chassis number is Brisbane (and points to Sandman) so unlikely they are not all matching. If you really want to be sure get a Holden Historic Services report for $90.

It will never guarantee that the body hasn't been swapped, but if the chassis matches no-one is going to care too much

Learner Driver
    Ok I'll get the check done. Not sure what it's worth, has a fair bit of rust around the bottom of the door area and near back wheels, drivers floor pan is not really there. Has a chev and gts guards, dash but it's rough. He doesn't know it's a sandman, in fact he told me it wasn't lol. Was an old 80s show van by the looks, droptank and back lower/upper doors are welded together to open as one.

I'd love to see some photos of it to see if I know the Van from it's show days.
    Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

Give him 5K an load it on a trailer before he finds out

The chassis number should match the compliance plate that has the year ..body weight... and seating capacity. .

The colour is Persian Sand Metallic (brown) so if it has been painted look for signs of original paint.

Thread Information