Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brand Loyalty?

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by HZSandman View Post
    All Holdens for me.

Started when dad got a great deal from a mate going overseas and took ownership of this blokes one owner HT Monaro. We learnt to drive in it and drove it it my Late teens and early twenties. Was the only "good" car my folks ever owned and what a ripper.

That got me into Bathurst etc, but same as most people, I don't even watch it anymore as I struggle to even tell the cars apart without seeing the badge. Would prefer more production cars racing with lots of makes/models.

That was it. Holdens all the way from then on except for a Subaru WRX about 10 years ago for five years. Back to another Monaro now.

So I have owned many Holdens over the years and one Subaru. Now I love Holdens but the best car I have ever owned was the Subaru. Nothing ever broke in the 5 years we owned it. Regular servicing and that was it.

Wish I could say the same for any of the Holdens I have owned including the current Monaro. Problems here there and everywhere. The build quality is just not the same as the Japanese cars. We may be going back to a Subaru very soon as we have been thinking about an 07 Liberty GT by STI at the moment.
    This is uncanny. We recently looked at updating the Monaro to a Subauru Liberty, but a new V6. I couldn't do it though, too much loss of value on the Subaru after 2 years.

I'm a complete slut, no real loyalty whatsoever. I do love my Toyota's though, got heaps of them. New ones , old ones, big ones, small ones. Then there's the 7 HQ-WB series, a couple of Valiants, a pair of landrovers, couple mazda's and a pile of Subaru's. Have a few later model Fords ( mostly ED's, XG's) and a couple of VRVS commodores. Even though the Buick V6 is a rough noisy motor compared to the Ford it does have the largest conversion market and will fit in some pretty tight spaces. Plus they're cheap.

Current daily's are Toyota Dyna truck, 600cc 2 cylinder Subaru Sherpa (bought my 3rd one the other day, rotate the rego every 3 months) and a HD Holden I got last month for $1000. It's ugly and basic but good to be behind the wheel of a metal car every now and again.

I've had and got a few bikes as well.

I've had SCOBBY DOOS since I was 17. Suby Brumby 92,RX Impreza 99,vs holden ute v6,(heavy on juice but reliable) wrx impreza 07,holden rodeo 03 v6,(tough as nails but thirsty!)Hilux 3.0L 09,Forester GT 10. Got HQ Sandman van hq ute awaiting resto but gotta say never had any worries with Scoobies! Holdens great to work on and love them but when you don't wunna work on em cant beat subaru's!

I am like Agro. My old man was the service manager at The Big Garage, Holden dealer in Bairnsdale Vic. We grew up playing in the mechanics pits in the service area during the eighties. Needless to say have always been a massive Holden fan. Massive Peter Brock fan also. I wrote letters to Holden as a 10 year old when they cut ties with Brocky, pleading them to bring him back. Dad used to bring home the Brock commodores, and possibly the greatest day was when he brought the VL Walkinshaw home and took us for a flog in it.

End of lease now for the VX SS, so am looking at a VE SS-V ute.

Justin

my son did this for me....its simple to see how loyal i am to a brand..

Now here is something different for you 2 door lovers

http://australianmusclecarsales.com....7-of-122-built
    :Rasta:
    HX XX7 windowless Van needing resto
    WB ute

Thread Information