Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please help me identify my van

Did you notice they were slightly different between HJ-HZ somewhere.

Hj/X....

Consolemounts1.jpg

HZ 78

ConsolebracketHZfront.jpg

Mauser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Learner Driver
    I wish to thank everyone for all of your assistance 👍 I’ll check out the transmission tunnel for that bracket on the weekend & try to scan some of the photos from when I bought her back in 88 other than that I guess there’s not much more I can do to other than hope HSS can get access to the outsourced records one day.
    Thanks again from Bobcat68

Learner Driver
    Hello again everyone. Can anyone think of anything. that was only on a HZ Sandman that I can check? OR know what else she may of been?
    This is what I have established so far:
    8WM70 body with full length headlining
    5.0 V8
    M21 Close ratio Gear box
    Seating cap 2
    GVM 2000KG Did any other model have the lower GVM?
    Saddle Tan Metalic paint
    Trim 1937-63V Trim (Buckskin)
    The console brackets are on the transmission tunnel,
    GTS Dash with the windscreen wiper dwell
    Factory sports wheel with the round rubber horn pad
    Blackouts around the windows, sill panels & beaver panel & the rear bumperetts
    Black door handles, never chromed
    has the GTS/Sandman/Premier/Statesman 4 headlight front clip. But had a silver grille & silver headlight surrounds and when I bought it didn't have the Quartz Halogen headlights. Replaced with wrong parts after accident damaged perhaps?
    I haven't been able to find the spare wheel carrier yet (removed when LPG was fitted in the 90s
    I do remember that the foot wells had lights that came on with the interior lights when i opened the door (not sure if this is even relevant).
    laminated windscreen with the top part tinted.

I'm having trouble uploading the photos that I have (I'm getting a error code)
    Last edited by Bobcat68; 31-10-2018 at 05:49 PM.

Bobcat, yours is a sandman. Only thing to check which you haven't said is that the chassis number on the rails matches that the compliance plate.

As I said before 2000kg GVM is sandman as nothing else had it.

As Sandaro says the GVM of 2000kg makes it a Sandman. 1978 onward HZ XX7 were GVM 2000kg
    What I was testing is whether the body is correct to the plates.

All sounds right.
    Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

Learner Driver
    Chassis number (near steering box) is the same as the compliance plate, its very hard to read but yes it is the same.
    Thank you all for all of your help. Its going to be a massive job getting her back up to scratch but she is worth it.
    I have managed to upload 1 photo of her back when I bought her in 1988 (I don't know what happened to the other two photos that i uploaded)
    thanks again &cheers from Bobcat68
    Sorry Sandaro Thats what I meant on the original post that all of my plates belong to the same body & chassis when I tried to check its heritage with Ben at HHS.
    Last edited by Bobcat68; 31-10-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Fantastic Bobcat, sorry I didn't pick up your original meaning, but all good news for you. Will be definitely worth the effort.

You should start a thread in the my van section to show the progress of restoration once you're underway.

Learner Driver
    Yes, Sandro I will start one one soon , I will be taking plenty of photos of the restoration anyway.

Thread Information