Thread: Dachavu

Dachavu

I just thought I would post up today's activity with the yellow van, Rodney washed the underneath thoroughly then applied a primer rust inhibitor, tomorrow we will paint the whole underneath with chassis black, most of the rust has now been cut out and repaired, only the quarter panel is left to do, it has been hit very hard, and was bogged and repaired badly....

winching her onto the trailer

Over the wash bay

after washing the van the top dash between the windscreen and the dash pad which had been sprayed with black paint, was back to its original brown

Back on the scaffold support which we built for the Red van

[IMG]

Last edited by jennie285; 27-09-2010 at 08:23 AM.

Good to see it is being done correctly,Do it once and do it right!
    Like the idea of the scaffold.

you know jennie, our vans are eerily simelar.

not just colour and interior, but the rust locations and severity its like im looking back at pictures of my gutter repair.

will look sweet once its done, keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by the ski man View Post
    you know jennie, our vans are eerily simelar.

not just colour and interior, but the rust locations and severity its like im looking back at pictures of my gutter repair.

will look sweet once its done, keep it up
    Yes they are twins ski man, what are your tags, they could have been in the production line together ours was Adelaide built and assembled in Dandenong. You aren't painting yours jasmine though from what I can remember? pity we could put them together at van nats....that is why I called the thread Day Sha Vu, I think I spelt it wrong though, I feel like we have done all that before, and you think you have seen all that before

looking good! nice to see them getting done properly too many do bodgy quick fixes which never last. the scafolding is a really great idea too!
    1973 HQ with HZ front. Currently waiting for its resto.
    308 for sale too

Quote Originally Posted by jennie285 View Post
    Yes they are twins ski man, what are your tags, they could have been in the production line together ours was Adelaide built and assembled in Dandenong.
    well, my plate says J5 - Dandenong, built in 11/77

You aren't painting yours jasmine though from what I can remember? pity we could put them together at van nats....
    oh on the contrary, im going jasmine yellow, so yeah, we could have a yellow van lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by the ski man View Post
    well, my plate says J5 - Dandenong, built in 11/77

oh on the contrary, im going jasmine yellow, so yeah, we could have a yellow van lineup.
    our is 11/77 J59529, so must have been very close in the production line:lol: glad you are going yellow for some reason I thought you were going green

and thanks Epic Dragon..and Kiwivan...yes scaffolding is a good way to get underneath, we run a scaffold business so have plenty in the yard:lol:

.that is why I called the thread Day Sha Vu, I think I spelt it wrong though, I feel like we have done all that before, and you think you have seen all that before
    Déjà vu is what you would be after then. Theres also Déjà Moo - the feeling you've heard the same bull before - and Déjà Poo- the feeling you've seen this shit before.

Thread Information