Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help to identify HZ van

Leadfoot
    Attachment 16785 What a terrible thing to say about my Le, 74000 km original paint, I have to keep the ugly bloody wheels!

Didn't think so innuendo...

Nice hx Le monaro. ..
    I imagine that car with widened gts wheels the same maroon colour ...now that's what I'm talking bout.

Quote Originally Posted by hilta View Post
    Attachment 16785 What a terrible thing to say about my Le, 74000 km original paint, I have to keep the ugly bloody wheels!
    Its such an iconic shape GMH really effed up on those wheels but i can dig them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pj350 View Post
    Nice hx Le monaro. ..
    I imagine that car with widened gts wheels the same maroon colour ...now that's what I'm talking bout.

Banned
    Ah sorry��. I actually love the LE, maybe not the wheels...
    Can you see where they cut the HJ firewall out of that one? Or does it have broken glass in the back (if it was one of the ones that had its back window broken before they delivered them)? They had such a cool story.

Leadfoot
    My son found it for sale, I actually said to him, "we don't want one of them, there bloody ugly!" But we went to have a look thinking I'll turn it into a Hq gts mock up! But when we got there and saw how genuine it was there is no way I could touch it! It still has the original tyre on the spare! Eight track all still in it and interior is mint, ugly but mint! I doubt the rear seat had ever been sat on, as you can imagine with only 73200 km on the clock it hadn't been worn out interior wise, the bloody thing has the original brake pads etc, it's like a time machine, paint not perfect but not bad, has a few dents on bonnet and top of nose cone, the old guy that had it was a bit shady and tied up with the Melbourne underworld, so not 100% sure how the dents got there!

Leadfoot
    Sorry to hijack post, you can delete if you like, cheers

My son found it for sale, I actually said to him, "we don't want one of them, there bloody ugly!" But we went to have a look thinking I'll turn it into a Hq gts mock up! But when we got there and saw how genuine it was there is no way I could touch it! It still has the original tyre on the spare! Eight track all still in it and interior is mint, ugly but mint! I doubt the rear seat had ever been sat on, as you can imagine with only 73200 km on the clock it hadn't been worn out interior wise, the bloody thing has the original brake pads etc, it's like a time machine, paint not perfect but not bad, has a few dents on bonnet and top of nose cone, the old guy that had it was a bit shady and tied up with the Melbourne underworld, so not 100% sure how the dents got there!
    Hey Hilta are you familiar with Survivor car magazine? Its a great read. Your car sounds like it has a ripper history and its so original I reckon they would be very keen to do a story on it! Its exctly the sort of thing theyre after.

You should drop them a line.

https://www.survivorcaraustralia.com.au/

Leadfoot
    Yes mate know survivor car well, they actually flew across and did a spread on two of our cars, the Le was in a couple of editions ago, 4 or 5 pages, they loved it! We have a good mix of restored or needing restoring and survivor cars, we have the Le, Hq 4 door gts, Torana ss hatchback, Hz van 6 cal auto, Hq van, and a Hj 6 cal sandman, all survivor cars, then the 3 sandmans,2 hatchbacks that are restored or being restored, bloody hell, think I have to many!!

Banned
    Australian Muscle Car did a great feature on the LE a while ago. That’s where they talked about the cars with broken rear windows and the huge effort to replace the HJ firewall with the HX one, after the LE project dragged on past the end of the HJ series. They were actually meant to be HJ, not HX.

Thread Information