Thread: Colour of the vertical panel behind the seats

P Plater

Colour of the vertical panel behind the seats

Regarding the vertical panel behind the seats, Can anyone help me out with the colour? Is it Vinecote Grey i.e. the same as the rear bed?

Banned
    In a Ute?

On a HJ van it is

P Plater
    Its a HZ van. Thanks for the help. On the subject of paint what was the factory way to finish behind the grill where the wipers are? I have seen a lot of different ways to do it.

Again I am talking HJ, so not sure if changed for HZ. On HJ the panel immediately below the grill (literally a centimetre under) that has the 3 large oval shaped holes is body colour. But inside the camber itself is flat black (looks to me like the colour used on the metal section of dash near the windscreen) but could be just faded slush black

P Plater
    Thanks again Sandaro. I have brown between the dash pad and screen inside. Of course the grill with the wipers in it is body colour. I will look at a few others to get a transition line from colour to black.

Sorry Dawso, maybe my reference to dash was confusing. Yes the grill itself is of course body colour, and so is the horizontal flat panel a cm below it (the one with the 3 oval holes that the driver's side wiper base is bolted to) The downward facing lips of those oval holes (again less than a cm) are also body colour. But the chamber inside is black. Because where the sides of the chamber meets the upper panel is out of sight there is no visable transition line

HZ is Vinacote grey too.

P Plater
    Thanks again. Yes they would have been black. I have no reference due to all being sandblasted. Is it a good idea to fish oil or waterproof paint the plenum chamber?

Thread Information