Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 330,000 sandman for sale

The problem for the market is that even if it is sold there is no information on what it sold for. This means that I may sell for say 100 then people see that it sold and assume that it sold for full price. This then drives up the price of spares and associated parts due to the belief that if a whole car is worth X then this part is worth Y.

We have seen this with rust buckets advertised for 15 because when it’s finished it will be worth 330.

As we all know when someone asks what’s it worth, the answer is what someone is willing to pay

Banned
    Supply and demand. Thing is, there is no real shortage on the supply end. There must have been hundreds on this site alone identified. Holden must have churned them out by the thousands. I can understand rare and low build number cars making big dollars, but a Holden van with a sticker kit that is in no way different to an optioned up Kingswood?

Probably meant 330,000 km. Lol

Anyone seen any proof of it being a real Sandman
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by davegmh View Post

Anyone seen any proof of it being a real Sandman
    Good question. One I have asked several people.

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat7051 View Post
    As we all know when someone asks what’s it worth, the answer is what someone is willing to pay
    Exactly. Great comment Wombat. Like the HQ van for $165K, did he get that?

Trouble is, you have these geniuses on Facebook pages that have never owned a Sandman and never will, that even when the biggest heap of rubbish is advertised will say that it is for sale far too cheap.

Also people want to get rich of one car sale.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HJ_Blue_Van View Post

Trouble is, you have these geniuses on Facebook pages that have never owned a Sandman and never will, that even when the biggest heap of rubbish is advertised will say that it is for sale far too cheap.

I would actually say your comment about people wanting to get rich on one car sale is the most accurate.
    Wait till a few people buy restored vans for $300K and the rust starts to come back. The market will get the wobbles when the dealers realise that under the stickers and paint, you still have a rust prone Holden commercial vehicle.
    Last edited by wbute; 14-07-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HJ_Blue_Van View Post

The green HQ van sold for $150K so im told

Thread Information