Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Panama Green HZ Sandman?

Learner Driver
    Unfortunately HHS could not confirm as it was not on their master list 😐

Bugger....I'm not familiar enough with the process. Is that a definitive outcome or is there gaps in their records and it could still be?

Is the seller chasing genuine Sandman money or is it still a good pick up?

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Do you mean they dropped the Belmont name? Or that you couldn’t get buckets in the base model? You could get buckets in either and they were both available.
    Dropped the Belmont name afaik

There are gaps in the records.

As Stickthis said, the tyre placard number is to suit a Non-Sandman, and the higher GVM supports the placard.
    I’d feel pretty safe in saying that it’s not a Sandman. You’d have to really clutch at straws for a “yes”, which makes the sell later on down the track even harder.

Learner Driver
    They said that after 1978 it very tricky to trace as the system that Holden used Changed. Still possibly a sandman but as stated the GVM is a bit high..

Could this car be a base model that had a comfort/sports pack added?

Is it possible that the GTS dash, GTS guards, twin headlights are factory options?

Is it possible that it could be a base model with full length roof lining, bucket seats and console with these factory options?

Anything was possible then you could order what you wanted to suit your taste and budget

Learner Driver
    Not sure what he is after yet. As far as I know he thinks it’s a sandman. If I prove that it isn’t then might get it for a bargain.
    Just want my facts sorted first.

It’s definitely a difficult one to prove for sure!

Banned
    The only way you could get factory fitted twin headlight front was if it was either a Sandman or B06. All the rest is a option on any van or Ute.
    There are too many things wrong in my opinion. Too many things changed and it will always be questionable if HHS can’t confirm it.
    The front could have been dealer fitted, but why would they when you could just order a Sandman? More likely fitted when they fitted the WB doors and GTS guards.

Have a look at the spare wheel winch the mushroom on end of the cable needs to suit gts rims or the aluminium rims of late hz if it’s standard then it’s not a sandman do a search on furum and you will see the difference

Banned
    The wiring for the twin lights is another good indicator, but all these things are not “proof”. They can all be added or changed. I know you could option the alloy wheels on WB so no doubt you option them on any HZ too. Not sure about that though and I have not seen mentioned that you could order the steel sports wheels on any HQ-HZ?

Thread Information