Thread: Restoration Order Guide

Restoration Order Guide

Hi All, just wondering if anyone has a specific restoration order guide after completely stripping and painting a panel van? It's been painted inside and outside, drive line & steering column has been installed. Whereabouts do you start in the cab? Ventilation system, wiring for dash, engine bay etc etc. Any advice and/or assistance would be really appreciated. Cheers.

Wiring while you have dash out would be my first port of call
    get as much wiring done before anything else is installed

Yes, wiring and heater/demister assy, and also pedals should be put in before too long

Restoration Order Guide

Thanks guys....I swear there's more wires here than what I started out with....lol.
    Just cleaning up all the black plastic ventilation bits & pieces at the moment and can't believe the build up of crap in the tubes.
    I want to try and restore the plastic vents as well as they are sightly faded but that will come later on.
    Thanks for your feedback.

Banned
    They are dead set simple really. One big tip if you have factory integrated AC, check and double check the vacuum servos all work before you fit them. Same goes for the heater core in either system, check it’s not about to start leaking from corrosion. These are all many times harder to replace after all the dash is installed.

Thanks wbute. I've replaced the heater core and it's non A/c, just good ole fresh air....lol. Cheers mate.

Try and think ahead a little bit,
    Like if your going to fit electric thermo fans , after market audio, or central locking/power windows
    it will also make it easier as you can hide some wires in the factory harness
    Regards
    Neil & Cherone

Thread Information