Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: before the internet......

before the internet......

Remember before the internet when info on hot rodding was gold, and people who had this info were like local gods?
    where you had to go around and visit them with a case of beer to ask questions and learn?
    seems to be a forgotten art...
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

most of the hot rodding gods i know are pickled from people comin round and giving them piss for info...so internet is better coz the hotrodders that like technology are on here..:Pimp:

Banned
    In the 20 years since I left school computers have gone from something only nerds used. I could not even turn one on till 10 years ago.
    I reckon the net is an awesome tool when used for the right reasons.....like learning from people with excellent knowledge such as the contributers on here.

Sandman Guru
    Remember the internet has been around since the 60's. It's the WWW or web that has only been around since 1995. There is a really good book written by the creator of the web called "weaving the web" from memory, by Tim Berners-Lee. Very good read. I read it around 2000 when the web had only been active for around 4 years. Hard to believe that we were the first country to have a summer Olympics with a fully funtional web!

o the inter net is a great tool.

i can remember putting an aussie 4 sp into an EH manual bodied sedan when i was 16,, getting the info for something siimple like that was very hard and bum steers were common.
    now, ask a question and in 15 minutes you have a detailed answer...
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

With all the benefits of the internet, there are still many pitfalls.
    There are probably more bum-steers on the net too. No need to look too far either.

Unfortunatly the internet has been great for myths,eg the series 2 VL commodore:yawn:
    And I supose the Panel van has then as well.

Cheers Kiwivan

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwivan View Post
    Unfortunatly the internet has been great for myths,eg the series 2 VL commodore:yawn:
    Cheers Kiwivan
    WHAT!!!! there was no series 2 VL.:surprised::surprised:

Quote Originally Posted by agr071 View Post
    WHAT!!!! there was no series 2 VL.:surprised::surprised:
    No never,People asume they had,But the were 3 different types of seating in the VL.
    I am afraid it was the reverse hat jocky's that came up with that myth.

Did the Sandman have any running changes durning a model run??Eg did say the HJ have any running changes during it's term.

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwivan View Post

Did the Sandman have any running changes durning a model run??Eg did say the HJ have any running changes during it's term.
    Just to clear up the terminology: mid SERIES, not mid MODEL. HJ is a series. Model is for example Kingswood ute.

Yes there were heaps of changes, especially with HJ. The changes are normally not Sandman specific, but series wide. HQ doesn't have many as Sandman was only for a short time (but there was some changes like side gills). HX is pretty limited change wise. HZ had a fair few too eg change to N67 rims. Most changes are trim and paint related, but there were also other body and spec changes. I am detailing most of the changes in my book, but you'll have to wait for that. Still a work in progress!

Thread Information