Thread: Potential HZ sandman ute

Learner Driver

Potential HZ sandman ute

Hey guys, I'm from new Zealand but have brought what I think is possibly a HZ sandman ute,problem I've got is it's been previously de-registered and with that has been re-vinned and the plate that has the details on trim, paint ect is gone, it's got the GTS dash, twin headlights up front, door pillar courtesy light switches, the one tag on it is in pic and I believe was factory 308 v8? Any other ways I can find out if it is a sandman? If it is in going to restore it back to its former flamenco red glory

Really if the identifier tag is gone so has it's identity.
    Could be a Sandman, could be a Kingswood. You would be looking for signs of Blackouts around the sills, door frames, beaver etc.
    Also should have black door handles (not pained over chrome). Console mounts in another identifier.

You could contact Holden Historic Services www.holdenhistoricalservices.com.au and if Ben can tell you it is a real Sandman then buy a certificate for future proof.

A lot of value has gone with the plate obviously.
    Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

Learner Driver
    Yeah I thought this would be the case, it does indeed have console mounts in it, basically if it was a sandman then I'm going to restore it with sandman decals, but if not then I won't spend the extra money on decals haha

- - - Updated - - -

The other thing is the previous owner literally painted the whole thing one colour so handles ect have all been painted, so really hard to identify it from that aspect to 😣

Yeah you would be sanding back looking for evidence of blackouts.
    Either way, if you like it. Build whatever you want.

etc vs ect.
    Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

Thread Information