Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wb Sports steering wheel

Sports dash definitely but no gts steering wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Beachy View Post
    I cannot remember any wb kingswood utes having gts steering wheels and challenge anyone to prove me wrong and the same for black interiors I think they are all post factory
    Mate bought a brand new WB ute 84 model 253 4speed with GTS Yellow needle dash sports steering wheel all black trim
    top it off had power steering as well thats how he ordered it

There was a few around back in the day seen at least 3 Atlantis blue WB Utes with GTS options floating around

Sports dash definitely but no gts steering wheels
    WB parts catalogue says different.........
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    WB parts catalogue says different.........
    True but I can’t find my parts book to see what colour columns you could get. I know you could any colour GTS steering wheel though.

You could buy them as a spare part but l cannot remember them on any wb kingswood Utes they all had standard steering wheels

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    Mate bought a brand new WB ute 84 model 253 4speed with GTS Yellow needle dash sports steering wheel all black trim
    top it off had power steering as well thats how he ordered it

There was a few around back in the day seen at least 3 Atlantis blue WB Utes with GTS options floating around
    I think the sports dash was as common as anything in WB utes. I have never seen one with black interior from new. I really wish I could find my parts book.

- - - Updated - - -

You could buy them as a spare part but l cannot remember them on any wb kingswood Utes they all had standard steering wheels
    Yeah I doubt many were ordered with one, bit like the bumperettes with the rubber strip or the alloy wheels or the rear window de-fogger on the WB van.

no black interiors no gts steering wheels why would they be so popular in the earlier models to so few in wb if they were available they were all post factory

Banned
    no black interiors no gts steering wheels why would they be so popular in the earlier models to so few in wb if they were available they were all post factory
    How many non-Sandman commercials would have come with a GTS steering wheel? About the same as WB I reckon.
    I imagine the GTS steering wheel was only a dealer fit option in any HQ-WB that didn’t come standard with it.
    Last edited by wbute; 25-01-2018 at 01:00 AM.

They weren't GTS dash and steering wheels... they were sports dash and steering wheels and generally if you ordered a sports dash you also ordered a sports steering wheel. WB sports steering wheels were black on ute and van. The WB sports wheel centre hub emblem was different to the HZ sports wheel emblem. My old boss back when I was an apprentice ordered a WB ute in 1984, it was white with blue interior, factory 5 litre 4 speed with sports dash, sports steering wheel, AC and LSD from Syivers Holden at Moorooka in Brisbane.

The steering column colour is dictated by model, Kingswood was colour coded to match the dash... Holden (base model) the column was black the same as previous models. Except HJ where early base models had coloured steering columns.
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Banned
    If WB commercial vehicles came with a black GTS wheel(if you ordered it) what were all the coloured ones in the parts book for? You never see them on WB Statesman’s.

Thread Information