Thread: Strange trim

Banned

Strange trim

Can anyone make out this paint number and other details? It looks like NA500? I messaged the seller but no response. It's a HX van. The trim number looks like PRIME?

IMG_0312.PNG
    Just noticed the tag says HZ.

Appears to be a replacement body. Showing Part number as the body number (at least in part). Prime as in supplied in Primer and NASCO not NA500
    I'd say it has nothing to do with TRIM just a replacement body with NASCO tag.
    Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

Banned
    Yeah seems that's the case. There wouldn't be many spare part van bodies about

Yeah quite scarce and interesting.
    The most interesting part for me is GMH stopped trading their parts and accessory division as NASCO around 1973.
    Appears they continued to use the NASCO codes on bodies and replacement engines longer.

I did know a bloke who purchased a brand new WB Panel Van shell although I never did bother to study the tag.
    I assume most who still had their original tags on a damaged body would have just swapped them over to the new body.
    Selling HJ 253 Engine
    Engine Number QR718*** | 19M5 Clock Casting at 6 O'Clock
    19th December 1975 Suit HJ Late Dec 1975 to April 1976

Banned
    Yeah I reckon most would have swapped the tags. The one above is listed as a HX so I guess it's on a HX chassis. Be a shame if it was a Sandman originally!

P Plater
    How cool!!!!!

Yep.
    That most likely would have been a HZ body bought by a dealer for a written off body on a HX.... possibly the parts van for a Holden Dealer that someone crashed and the body department decided to repair.... I'd love to know the real story.
    As Innuendo and WB suggested, most people would have swapped tags, but a Holden dealer on their own workhorse wouldn't have even thought about it and once it was repaired and had served it's time would have been sold off in the used car department..... Paperwork was correct as it needed to be for rego and the rest is history.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Thread Information