Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our HX

Our HX

Gidday,We have just purchased a Van.99% sure it is a Kingswood.Had been looking for ages and nearly imorted one from Auzzie.But we found one here(NZ)quite tidy with bugger all k's(201.000)We plan on customising it just slightly.
    Here are the details

HX8WM-70
    219410_A
    1898 60A
    567-15944

L31 M21 GV4
    It has a GTS dash rostyle rims still pretty much factory,The only thing is they have put on the fluted gaurds and a twin head light front,Will post pics when it arives.But it is the one in our avatar.

Cheers Kiwivan

Well done and welcome to the forums. I'd like to see the pics when you get them so please share

From what I have read so far it seems that you would like all the plate info including the glovebox placard.
    This van was imported from Aussie in 1994 to NZ(private import)

Cheers Kiwivan

Sandman Guru
    She ain't no Kingswood. With that BODY tag i'd almost be sure it is a Sandman. From memory I'm yet to record an Elizabeth BODY plate in HX with metallic on a non-Sandman HX. Plus with L31 M21 driveline in a HX van it'd more likely be a Sandman than not. It should be an 11th or 12th month 1976 or 1st month 1977, dependant upon whether it is a Dandenong, Pagewood or Elizabeth assembly.

Well done mate. good find.

Does it have all 3 id tags? I have found the HZ GTS's I have recorded in NZ dont have all 3 id tags......
    Owner (Jason) - STICKTHIS Automotive Decals and Stripes

HX Sandman Panelvan. Mint Julep. Complete Factory Resto.
    HZ Sandman Ute. Saddle Tan Metallic - Customised. Galaxy Blue.
    HZ GTS. Palais White. Next Resto From 99% NOS Parts.
    HSV GTO Coupe - Highly Modified
    VR SS into a VS Supercar Castrol Perkins Ingall 1997 Tribuilte build

Quote Originally Posted by stickthis View Post
    Well done mate. good find.

Does it have all 3 id tags? I have found the HZ GTS's I have recorded in NZ dont have all 3 id tags......
    I reckon I saw this one on the 'TradeMe' NZ site. The Id tags were a bit blurry but I thought it had a 3 seating capacity??? Jez

Quote Originally Posted by Jeza View Post
    I reckon I saw this one on the 'TradeMe' NZ site. The Id tags were a bit blurry but I thought it had a 3 seating capacity??? Jez
    Seat capacity was 2,.Other wise it would need a lv cert.(it was on Trade me)I got the engine number off our land transport agency and it was
    QT816633.
    As was a private import and I asume it had all 3 id tags, but will confirm when it arives here.As long as it can be tidyed up (not that it needs much)we will be happy,If it is a sandman that would be a bonus,othewise it would be a Kingswood,But will deck it out to be a replica sandman,Will purchase the decals etc.Hopefully there are a few decked out ones on this site,So we can look to see what others have done.

Cheers Marty
    ps we thought it was cheap enough.

Cruiser
    Good stuff Kiwivan,

Nice looking van, will be good to see some more pics, sorry but i don't envy you with fuel prices there, is it on gas ?

what the GVM in KG?
    looks like you may have the original 308 in it too..
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

Quote Originally Posted by hxbunny View Post
    Good stuff Kiwivan,

Nice looking van, will be good to see some more pics, sorry but i don't envy you with fuel prices there, is it on gas ?
    Nah it is on Petrol.
    But we are lucky,It will cost us $140 a year for full insurance,$240 for rego,And that will drop soon to $90 as it will be a classic,So I do not mind paying 1.80 a litre.
    As for the engine yes it is the original,Even the radio is,Which I will remove with something a bit better.
    Our brock which is insured for 52k costs us $156 a year to insure with no excess,and once I put a GPS in the van there will be no excess on it as well.Currently it will be a $100,So it is not that expensive.

Cheers Marty

Thread Information