Thread: Jade Green HX Sandman

Jade Green HX Sandman

Hi, Is this one the real deal. Looks good to me but I thought someone on here might pick something up that I'm not aware of...
    8M70TGL______X
    10/76, 2Seat, 1950gvm
    HX8WM70
    1899-18V
    567-15945
    L31M21GV4

Apparently the chassis matches the tag, but the body number doesnt.
    Thanks

Looks ok to me

Do they even have a body number stamped? Pretty sure my HZ doesn't, and on the earlier ones I'm not sure that the body number actually matches the tags.

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    Do they even have a body number stamped? Pretty sure my HZ doesn't, and on the earlier ones I'm not sure that the body number actually matches the tags.
    Im with you my HZ van has only got a chassis number

Only Pagewood, Sydney has the body number still going.

MJB might have been referring to the body number on the tag? ie above the trim line code. Would need copy of tags to confirm, don't necessarily match if that's the number he is referring to depending which plant/s vehicle built/ joined in.

- - - Updated - - -

But from the tag info presented they did come off a Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by Sandaro View Post
    MJB might have been referring to the body number on the tag? ie above the trim line code. Would need copy of tags to confirm, don't necessarily match if that's the number he is referring to depending which plant/s vehicle built/ joined in.

- - - Updated - - -

But from the tag info presented they did come off a Sandman
    Hi, I did just mean the numbers on the tags. On my HJ Sandman I have now and the Atlantis Blue HZ Kingswood I used to own (which I wish I had kept) the Body No. on the large tag (above the trim line) matched part of the skinny (VIN?) tag.

From what I've seen on here since asking the question is that without XX7, all the above clues just make it a maybe and a report from HHS is the only way to confirm.
    Last edited by mjb; 31-08-2017 at 06:36 PM.

It can be confirmed as a Sandman with all the information and viewing the correct areas of the actual car without a HHS report.
    But a HHS report will confirm if the tags and chassis are a match and if these tags were once a Sandman. It will ever confirm that the shell is original.
    It will also certainly help if you ever wanted to sell or prove the tags history. Only Brisbane built Sandman's had the XX7 on the actual plate.

From the limited info you've put up I can tell you the tags are definitely a Sandman, getting a report will confirm that, but as Innuendo says they can't tell if its a body swap or other wise dodgy(without actually inspecting the car), but a report would confirm that the tags belong together

Thread Information