Thread: Fitting Front Window Chrome Trim - Order of Fitment

Learner Driver

Fitting Front Window Chrome Trim - Order of Fitment

Hi All, can anyone provide some tips / help in re-fitting the front window trims for a HZ ute.
    I have just got them back from being powder coated and don't really want to muck around with trial and error as far as fitting them in the right order.
    It's been a few sleeps since I removed them so my memory isn't that good as far as knowing which ones to start with etc. is it, bottom then sides then top for example ??
    Thanks in advance

Other way round I think, top, sides, then bottom. Just don't tighten the screws completely until the next piece in place

Either top or bottom first doesnt matter.I fit the pieces from left first so the right side overlocks in the cenre.You can join them together before fitting but i find the first way better.The sides are fitted by putting the top off the side under top mould and base on top off bottom mould.Line up screw holes and fit short suitable screws EASY Dont use longer screws than needed because they will go thru and crack the edge of the screen.ps have small brush and black touch up paint

Quote Originally Posted by XX7SANDMN View Post
    Either top or bottom first doesnt matter.I fit the pieces from left first so the right side overlocks in the cenre.You can join them together before fitting but i find the first way better.The sides are fitted by putting the top off the side under top mould and base on top off bottom mould.Line up screw holes and fit short suitable screws EASY Dont use longer screws than needed because they will go thru and crack the edge of the screen.ps have small brush and black touch up paint
    Of all people you should be able to do it blind folded by now

Quote Originally Posted by XX7SANDMN View Post
    Absolutely 100% correct in every way. I did my white van a month or so ago and that sounds like what I did.
    It doesn't hurt to put some masking tape at the points where the pieces ALMOST overlap so if you go a bit far pushing them together it won't scratch the powder coat
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Learner Driver
    Thanks everyone for your help. One of the last things to go on, didn't want to stuff it up !!

Thread Information