Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lloyds Auction 15 Jul 2017 - HX Papaya Sandman

Just before everyone on here suddenly thinks theirs is worth $75k+, a cautionary note, I think its only Lloyds who have the apparent "buyers" that are willing to pay nearly double market value for cars. They sold 2 auto HT 350s in consecutive months for $300k+, whilst other auction houses could only manage $200K for similar condition actual 'Bathurst' spec manual cars. Maybe the vendor got lucky on all these sales, but I think it a coincidence that all these recent high sales are coming out of there but not at those prices at other sales.

$75k for an unregistered HX? What the hell isthis world coming to?

Way to throw away cash. Good luck getting that back any time soon!

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    $75k for an unregistered HX? What the hell isthis world coming to?
    You could build a nice one for that coin

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandaro View Post
    Just before everyone on here suddenly thinks theirs is worth $75k+, a cautionary note, I think its only Lloyds who have the apparent "buyers" that are willing to pay nearly double market value for cars. They sold 2 auto HT 350s in consecutive months for $300k+, whilst other auction houses could only manage $200K for similar condition actual 'Bathurst' spec manual cars. Maybe the vendor got lucky on all these sales, but I think it a coincidence that all these recent high sales are coming out of there but not at those prices at other sales.
    Yeah. Thinking it's possibly a marketing exercise by the auction house to cut out the opposition.

Supply and demand I suppose, it sets the value to a degree . A lot of coin though !!

Lets see if they pay up first

I've talked to the buyer on facebook. He has a few Monaros and wanted a Sandman, says he's happy with the price, says it's worth every cent.
    He's in Qld and the van is being shipped up to him.
    I for one am pretty impressed that someone would pay that much, but then again, less than two years ago a lot of people thought I paid too much for my HZ Sandman..... I don't look so silly now.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Did he but the Monaros from Lloyds too?

BTW, I never thought you were silly Rob, I thought the money was pretty right for the quality of resto for your van

He already owned the Monaros.... I don't know for how long.
    And I wasn't refering to anyone on this forum, most on here know what it takes to restore one and are aware of the real value, but there are a lot of people that think you can still buy a good Holden for peanuts.... I was told the other day that I was stupid paying 2 grand for my ute!.... I reckon I stole it for that.

....Opinions.....
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Thread Information