Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Big Rob's HZ Ute Shop Truck....

Very common knowledge the biggest two weakness our old busses have is a coil and a battery in the same compartment, and an ignition switch design that isn't all that hard to circumvent.

Work around those (I'm thinking of making some fairly sturdy shields for the coil/starter/ignition switch/electric fuel tap) and you might have a chance against a dedicated thief. From what I understand these days most thieves tow the vehicle away anyway. I figure I'll just take as many precautions as I can and keep the insurance up to date.
    Nunc est bibendum...

20170728_111413.jpg20170728_111515.jpgWent into town this morning and saw this late model Sandman ute at the local Industrial Supplies store.

It had a vacant spot beside it so I grabbed the opportunity for a couple of photos....
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

It's funny (to me) which one looks like a dinosaur. No harm intended

Nice one Rob!

Quote Originally Posted by maxsandman View Post
    It's funny (to me) which one looks like a dinosaur. No harm intended
    Protected species

That's a good photo op.

Sandman Driver
    Cool photo.

Isn't it amazing how small my old ute is compared to the new one?
    People are always talking about "those big old heavy cars" and the opposite is true..... I can push my ute around easily and can't even budge a modern one and I threw the car cover from Donnas VT SS on the ute the other night and it hung all over the ground like a little girl wearing her mums dress!

Besides all that, I enjoyed the side by side comparison and all the positive comments about mine... not bad for less than a five grand outlay!
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    Just needs the blackouts and mirrors to fool a few more!
    my bro drove around perth for 6 years with a Holden Jasmine van with sandman stripes - no one ever said 'nice van' it was always 'nice sandman'.....chumps
    BQZ

[QUOTE=Vombil;109122]my bro drove around perth for 6 years with a Holden Jasmine van with sandman stripes I had a woman yesterday telling me that she saw a Sandman van at the panel beaters.
    When I asked her what colour stripes she said it didn't have any.... I of course asked her how she knew it was a Sandman and she looked at me with "that" look, and told me it had to be because it was a panel van.... they are all Sandmans.
    Wouldn't listen to reason when I tried to explain because her boyfriend had one back in 1975 or something and she knew what she was talking about...

Thread Information