Thanks Damian and Sandaro,

I've had a couple of very busy weeks, so much for semi retirement. I am truly blest to have a one in a million son in-law. My son in-law like myself love go karts and compete in endurance kart racing. Most endurance races are between seven and eight hours. Races over eight hours requires three drivers minimum so we generally enter races with three. Every race we enter is like a Bathurst 1,000 with 12 stop minimum and drivers can't do more than one hour session. Its getting a bit harder lately for me being in my sixties but got to keep up with the young ones.

My son in-law had a work related back injury which unfortunately kept us out of five of the eight rounds this year. However we got podium finishes at the Newcastle and eastern creek 8 hour races. Two weeks ago our last round for the year was at Lithgow which we held down second position for two hours when an over aggressive driver rammed me big time with his kart driven up and over my karts right engine and broke off the right engine spark plug. Limped the kart back to the pits and lost 13 minutes, around 14 laps. (bugger, bugger, bugger). We finished sixth for the day with first place position finished 12 laps in front. But as they say that's motor racing. So we had a pretty good season results considering. Ha ha sometimes I think they only keep me around because I can fix and set up the kart.

OK with the season finished for another year my son in-law called in last week and said to me to pack an overnight bag and we were off for a road trip. An hour into the trip down the Hume Hwy he said we were going to Albury. Thinking a few possibilities and throwing ideas at him eventually I got it, we were invited to Brad Jones Racing for a personal guided tour of his workshop followed by dinner, Brice Fullwood also turned up and we had a couple of lengthy talks about Supercars and racing. Son in-law is always full of surprises, the owners of Middy's electrical turned in the afternoon and during another lengthy talk they told us the Middy's would continue to sponsor our kart for another season. Absolute fantastic day and defiantly a bucket list tick. Can't thank my son in-law enough. More surprises he tells me on the way home that he has put a baby in my daughter, our second grand child is on the way. Still buzzing.

Sorry if it's a bit of a bore read for some but for me it's just a total buzz. The Middy's sponsorship and team which I am very proud off over the past three seasons has existed only because of my son in-law great organization. Thanks Middy's and all our sponsors for the continual support, excellent company's to deal with both on and off track.

20231115_163213.jpg 290005000_5116524405133384_6987781710636070561_n.jpg

BJR.jpg BJR2.jpg

middys3.jpg