Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Axistr new project

Quote Originally Posted by axistr View Post
    Thanks Gene, Max, Robbo, James.

Thanks Kiwivan, Don't really know, didn't bother recording the hours, but estimate around 500 hours.

Blue Victor thanks, yep well said and 100% agree on what your saying.

Yeah its a hard one to price. As they say its only worth what someone will pay for it. I had an interested buyer who offered me $40,000 two weeks ago but turned it down, So Its at least worth 40k. I also have a second buyer who said some time ago when its finished he would buy it, but had to sell his Torana first. He is in negotiation with buyers of his car but although I am not in a screaming hurry I don't want to be hanging around on a promise. I already have a draw full of broken promises and bounced cheques from when I had the truck repair business.

As weird as it is some people reckon a HX 6cyl, three on the tree, bench seat Belmont van with rust done to a HZ Sandman replica and only average build quality, is worth much more than an immaculate factory V8 4 speed 2 seat GTS option pack P/S WB HZ replica. Might be bias but know what I would prefer.

I have seen a few WB windowless vans listed for sale in the low fifties and many more half that. Some sold and some still for sale months later. I don't think any are in as good a condition as mine but that's the market on a good day. I have decided to give it a run for $52,000 but some what neg. On that basis its still 35k cheaper than a genuine HZ sandman in a lesser condition. The only real difference is a couple of numbers on a plate, and driving down the road no one knows. Would I pay 35k more for a few numbers ,,, no way but that's me and I am not about to get into that debate. I know this van in its original factory spec is much rare than a factory HZ sandman's, and in time maybe it will be worth more back to its original spec with the WB front who knows but its an easy conversion back if someone wants to bring it back to its WB spec.

I would really love to keep it but as said previously I just have to many cars (6) and to much money tied up in them. When my dream car come up for sale I promised the Mrs I would part with one. So regretfully its the pano that's the one to go. Every time I take it out someone always comes over and wants to check it out, talk about and give it the thumbs up. It gets as much attention as my other cars if not more. If I was seventeen again I would keep it and swing buy the local high school Lol.

For sale WB factory 2 seat V8 4 speed windowless van with GTS options and power steering.

regards,

Lenny. Ph 0417678066
    I like your straight up honest approach.
    And agree with what you say. I certainly would rather pay for something like this and at that price instead of spending another 30 odd k.
    She’s a beauty and I wish you the best.
    I certainly wouldn’t pay the money for what they say ours is worth.
    To me she’s just a nice old van and we love just using her.

Cheers Kiwivan
    It is not about the journey,It is the style we travel in!

Whoever buys your van is getting a really good deal. The high quality of your workmanship is second to none, I wish I was in the market for a van.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Whoever buys your van is getting a really good deal. The high quality of your workmanship is second to none, I wish I was in the market for a van.
    Yes seems a fair price for a good solid rebuild done to pretty high standards imho
    i will be happy if mine turns out half as good as this van
    45K would be a good buy

Woo hoo took the van out for a bit of cruising today. then grabbed the camera and got some shots in the dark. Its been some time since I have done some light painting and wasn't happy with them so I am going to have another go at it in a few days time.

pano light paint.JPG

Pretty blimmin nice if you ask me!

Cheers Kiwivan
    It is not about the journey,It is the style we travel in!

Just read throu this build again, it would be hard to find someone that doesn't like this van, good luck with the sale

Wink

Sad day, the pano has sold. The happy new owner has pick it up today and is driving it back to Adelaide. I only managed to clock up 300km on it so by the time he gets home it will almost have its basic run in done. The shed feels empty now only three cars inside. Any new projects hmm????? not sure on that one .

Banned
    Sad but good I guess.

As long as it’s gone to a good home.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Good stuff Lenny
    Start driving those Toranas around

Thread Information