Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Axistr new project

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Apparently because our rego authority uses the computer system that Noah used on the ark.
    It surprises me that SA can manage it though, especially considering you don’t have any electricity there....

I finally got some stickers for the van this week. Took me three hours but happy with the end results.

DSC_0320_3[3918].JPGDSC_0321_2[3913].JPGDSC_0323_2[3915].JPGDSC_0325_3[3916].JPGDSC_0326_2[3914].JPG

So now she is finally finished I will get my good SLR camera out (rather than my phone camera that I have used for all this thread) and take some photos of it all finished, Its finally been raining here the past two days, so the next sunny day its on.

Ok now for the big question, now that its finished its up for sale and everyone seams to have a totally different view of what is worth. I don't know what price range to put it in. Any ideas. ? I don't need to sell it in a hurry and only selling it because of me purchasing my dream car 3/4 of the way through the build to many cars now and I promised the wife I would sell one, unfortunately its the van that must go.

Wow that looks so good

Looking good

Great Work, looks fabulous.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Banned
    Love the stripes! Value? Not game to guess.

Quote Originally Posted by axistr View Post
    I finally got some stickers for the van this week. Took me three hours but happy with the end results.

DSC_0320_3[3918].JPGDSC_0321_2[3913].JPGDSC_0323_2[3915].JPGDSC_0325_3[3916].JPGDSC_0326_2[3914].JPG

So now she is finally finished I will get my good SLR camera out (rather than my phone camera that I have used for all this thread) and take some photos of it all finished, Its finally been raining here the past two days, so the next sunny day its on.

Ok now for the big question, now that its finished its up for sale and everyone seams to have a totally different view of what is worth. I don't know what price range to put it in. Any ideas. ? I don't need to sell it in a hurry and only selling it because of me purchasing my dream car 3/4 of the way through the build to many cars now and I promised the wife I would sell one, unfortunately its the van that must go.
    That is beautiful.
    How many hours do you think you have spent on her?

Cheers Kiwivan
    It is not about the journey,It is the style we travel in!

Looks fantastic, you really do high standard work.

I've reread the whole thread and it seems everybody had an opinion at the beginning but now are seemingly gun shy on quoting a figure which is perhaps because the quality and hours dictate a higher price than perhaps you will achieve. Not because of any fault with the vehicle but because at the end of the day it is a WB van done as a HZ Sandman in a non factory color..... a vast improvement in my eyes but some people (as evidenced by earlier comments) have an issue with this.

You're a smart guy with years in the biz so you know what you're doing but here's my take. The van you started with is probably a $25,000 van on the open market. Chances are that's not what you paid. With what you have done and the high level of detail, it's probably another $40,000 worth if somebody was farming out the work and even then it wouldn't return as immaculate. Will you get $65,000? Possibly from somebody disappointed with overpriced garbage out there... who knows.

You say you're not in a hurry and you don't lose on cars... sounds like time is your enemy. I suspect it will fall in between $45 - $55k.

If it was me I would put it through Shannons because it gets massive exposure, people are serious buyers and so often you hear of stories of people that went to buy car X and fell in love with car Y on the night and bid big...you can always set a reserve.

Either way good luck and thanks for documenting and sharing. The scene's richer for people like you that get in and do it and do it well

PS: At least I've put out a number and people can smash me either way

Angry

Thanks Gene, Max, Robbo, James.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwivan View Post
    That is beautiful.
    How many hours do you think you have spent on her?

Cheers Kiwivan
    Thanks Kiwivan, Don't really know, didn't bother recording the hours, but estimate around 500 hours.

Blue Victor thanks, yep well said and 100% agree on what your saying.

Yeah its a hard one to price. As they say its only worth what someone will pay for it. I had an interested buyer who offered me $40,000 two weeks ago but turned it down, So Its at least worth 40k. I also have a second buyer who said some time ago when its finished he would buy it, but had to sell his Torana first. He is in negotiation with buyers of his car but although I am not in a screaming hurry I don't want to be hanging around on a promise. I already have a draw full of broken promises and bounced cheques from when I had the truck repair business.

As weird as it is some people reckon a HX 6cyl, three on the tree, bench seat Belmont van with rust done to a HZ Sandman replica and only average build quality, is worth much more than an immaculate factory V8 4 speed 2 seat GTS option pack P/S WB HZ replica. Might be bias but know what I would prefer.

I have seen a few WB windowless vans listed for sale in the low fifties and many more half that. Some sold and some still for sale months later. I don't think any are in as good a condition as mine but that's the market on a good day. I have decided to give it a run for $52,000 but some what neg. On that basis its still 35k cheaper than a genuine HZ sandman in a lesser condition. The only real difference is a couple of numbers on a plate, and driving down the road no one knows. Would I pay 35k more for a few numbers ,,, no way but that's me and I am not about to get into that debate. I know this van in its original factory spec is much rare than a factory HZ sandman's, and in time maybe it will be worth more back to its original spec with the WB front who knows but its an easy conversion back if someone wants to bring it back to its WB spec.

I would really love to keep it but as said previously I just have to many cars (6) and to much money tied up in them. When my dream car come up for sale I promised the Mrs I would part with one. So regretfully its the pano that's the one to go. Every time I take it out someone always comes over and wants to check it out, talk about and give it the thumbs up. It gets as much attention as my other cars if not more. If I was seventeen again I would keep it and swing buy the local high school Lol.

For sale WB factory 2 seat V8 4 speed windowless van with GTS options and power steering.

regards,

Lenny. Ph 0417678066

Banned
    Seems a fair price to me. And yes it has the added bonus of being a fairly unusual van in its original WB life.

Thread Information