Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Axistr new project

Looks great mate. You've certainly done a good job. What's the deal with the concessional rego, as opposed to the historical ones, or is that for modified historic?

Gday sander, same cost per year($46), 60 days usage plus club days so its the same as historical plates. The only difference is the conditional plates allow for modifications on the vehicles. Although the only mod on the van is the HZ front and rear lights, my host club said they prefer me to use the conditional plate system.

I could have put it on either plates. Both of my Toranas are on conditional plates because they both have engineers reports so no choice on them (conditional ). I had all my cars previously on full rego because of the modifications. Each car was costing me just over $1,200.00 a year for rego, green slip and comprehensive insurance. It was costing me $2,400.00 just to drive them a dozen times a year. Now I have the three of them registered and fully insured for $980.00 Win Win I'm a happy little vegemite, and keeps the Mrs off my back.

Looks great, congrats on getting it out for everyone to see.

I was wondering about the plates too, I have the modified plates on my Chev, & really don't like the look, (they are also used for forklift or tractor etc), but for the money its is a good rego deal, & I will get used to them one day.

cheers
    Max

Yeah, I got historic on mine, my club allows some period mods/factory options covers things like mag wheels, dual exhaust etc but I know some clubs constitutions pretty inflexible. I had heard of the new modified historic but thought they may do a variation on the H plate, say M or something. The rego dollars certainly make sense

Quote Originally Posted by maxsandman View Post
    Looks great, congrats on getting it out for everyone to see.

I was wondering about the plates too, I have the modified plates on my Chev, & really don't like the look, (they are also used for forklift or tractor etc), but for the money its is a good rego deal, & I will get used to them one day.

cheers
    Max
    There has been a lots of requests from clubs and members complaining about the ugly conditional plates since their introduction. I for one hated giving up my personal plates, but at $46.00 per year it was a no brainer. I have six cars so I was down at the RMS toping up their account on a regular basis.

The word is, the RMS is still running a DOS computer program and the Historical and conditional system doesn't allow for the restricted use plate system. Apparently the police numberplate recognition system cant do a full car and current registration check. They have to type it in manually. Just goes to show you how pathetic, backwoods and out of touch our government departments are. It would be to bloody easy to put a small sticker H or M on the plate just like they have on LPG powered cars.

The latest I heard is the RMS is looking into it and at some stage in the future they hope to come up with a solution. I am going to have a punt on the outcome here and reckon the $46.00 per year will probably go up slightly. And if we want personalised plates on our old vehicles they will probably charge us $500.00 per year additional for the plates.

Looks great Lenny even better when the stripes are on
    Gov departments just ripping people off with high regos in this country

Banned
    Have to agree that I hate the historical rego plates. And yes, I have the same plates on my tractor and don’t want them on a car.
    Surely a better solution must be simple. If those plastic P plates are ok for P drivers, why can’t we just have a sticker the same size with a H on the back window?

The actual Historic plates that end in 'H' aren't too bad. They are similar to the slim line ones, except both front and back are small. The downside (if there is one to paying under $50 a year instead of close to a $1000) is that you can't use your own choice of plates or for that matter the original plates that came with the car with new, which really are part of he cars history.

P Plater
    Why would you need to have a sticker in the window or on the number plate?

Here in quiet old South Australian, you can keep your original number plate without any further markings when you go on club rego (anything over 30 years, modified or stock).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Geopaj View Post
    Why would you need to have a sticker in the window or on the number plate?

Here in quiet old South Australian, you can keep your original number plate without any further markings when you go on club rego (anything over 30 years, modified or stock).
    Apparently because our rego authority uses the computer system that Noah used on the ark.
    It surprises me that SA can manage it though, especially considering you don’t have any electricity there....

Thread Information