Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Axistr new project

Went down to the workshop last night and fitted up all the panels for the last time I hope. The painter is going to buff it today so it should be back in my shed tomorrow.

Question: Does anyone make hotwire plastic wheel centres, I need four for the Panno.

DSC_0071[3194].JPG

Are you talking about centre caps ??
    Pretty sure you can get them new but you need to know the correct size google is your friend
    cheers G.

Thanks Gene, yep centre caps. I did a bit of googling, Mick at SS Torana has new Hotwire wheels with original looking Aunger style centre caps so maybe he might sell me some separately.

The van come home today and is now back in my shed, yippee I've got something to do. I was getting very bored sitting around home watching the grass grow. First thing in the morning its out in the shed for me nice and early.

Slowly putting it back together. As the van body was stripped before I purchased it and come with heaps of double up parts, I had an interesting time fitting up the door glass. I have three windows and couldn't get the left window to fit into the tracks. Double checked for any variations in the track brackets (I have three sets of them) eventually finding that there is different lengths of glass. (never knew that HQ-WB had differences) Lucky out of the three door glasses I have two were left. Bugger two had tint, of course the correct length left glass wasn't tinted, no hope of matching the tint so ripped of the right tint and back tailgate glass tint and retinted all three.

First time I have had a go at tinting windows, come up ok but wouldn't class myself as an expert by any means.

DSC_0079[3220].JPG

DSC_0081[3219].JPG

Some pretty nice reflections there. Almost looks like the old drifter panelvan striping

Yeah looking nice. Looks like a Snap On roll cab toolbox system in the reflections.

Top quality as always

I'm intrigued by what's under the cover to the left, the length and slope of the bonnet.....hmmm???

Can you share?

Quote Originally Posted by damienengland View Post
    Yeah looking nice. Looks like a Snap On roll cab toolbox system in the reflections.
    Ha Ha nope I'm a truck mechanic not a solicitor or dentist so no strap on tools here.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue victor View Post
    Top quality as always

I'm intrigued by what's under the cover to the left, the length and slope of the bonnet.....hmmm???

Can you share?
    Gees Blue victor your observant, cover doesn't come off that one very often.

Got most of the body parts assembled and decided to get stuck into the electrical. I always found the stop light weren't up to scratch from factory especially when in direct sunlight. Don't want any dick heads running up the back of me so decided to fit twin stop light globes per side. I had no globe holders due to the WB/HZ swap so it was the perfect time to do the mod.

I will also have to fit a couple of diodes in the rear blinker feed wires to stop the feed back from the reverse lights circuit when in operation. WBs had different rear wiring circuits to HZ.

DSC_0087[3227].JPGDSC_0088[3228].JPGDSC_0089[3229].JPG

I also have to reconfigure the wiring for the twin headlight front and add an extra relay, the high beam inners are 100w each and a bit to much load on the original switching gear.

DSC_0092[3232].JPGDSC_0091[3231].JPG

It took a few hours cleaning up the engine bay after it come back full of dust and overspray from the painters.

DSC_0093[3233].JPG

Just waiting on some trim to turn up so I can get the headlining in before fitting the front screen.

Thread Information