Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Axistr new project

Banned
    Picked the Deauville blue. Same colour as my HX Sandman ute. It actually looks nearly the same colour as Tahitian metallic that my WB was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwivan View Post
    Ours is Deauville blue.
    Strange your one seems lighter.
    Hard to really tell on a monitor

Cheers Kiwivan
    Yeah it’s impos unless your screen is properly calibrated and is a quality screen. My wife is a photographer and has a very expensive NEC screen for this reason.

Ultra Blue was available late HZ. Rare

Quote Originally Posted by Sandaro View Post
    Ultra Blue was available late HZ. Rare
    What in a Sandman ??

Yeah Gene I know what your saying, Bursons only have the cheap concept paint mixing system, and I will be going PPG. Yesterday I went around to my sons place and put the sample against his impulse Blue VZ Clubsport, Holden used PPG from factory. To my surprise the colour was almost identical. On my computer which is only a cheap HP note book the colours look very close to the samples.
    I did the test samples for two reasons,

1) To show the Mrs two different shades of blue and which shade she preferred. She has trouble visualising paint colours on cars from small colour chips, as usual she likes both and would like to see something in between, (bloody typical).

2) I wanted to make sure I could spray out a good metallic paint job on a sample before I attack the inside door jams etc.

th.jpg DSC_0011_2[2310].JPG glens clubby - Copy[1517].jpg

Not sure what colour the Panno in the picture is but looks close to Impulse blue. Samples and my sons Clubby.

Maybe look at Cyan Blue it is a very nice colour that impulse is to dark but thats just me
    that Sandman in your pic is Windsor Blue
    The pic in my avatar is Windsor Blue with 24 years of dust but back to original colour one day which is Orange

Lok like I will have to go down to Bursons and get my mate to mix me up some Windsor blue and do another test sample.

Mixed up and painted a 3rd paint sample, This time in Windsor blue. Love the colour but also love Deauville and Impulse blue. Bugger it making my choice difficult now. I once again put the three samples in the shade, under LED lights and out in the sun and they all look so much different under different light, and if they pick up any reflections they can look totally different. The ultra blue seams to have the most variation in different conditions, must be due to more purl in the paint. When I put the sample against my sons Commodore is was almost identical. The sample looks a bit purple but when you see in on a whole car it looks so much more rich blue. I like the look of the panno I posted up and I think to me it looks closest to Impulse blue. But that just my eyes and from a photo on the internet.

DSC_0022_5[2363].JPG DSC_0023_3[2364].JPG DSC_0024_2[2366].JPG DSC_0025[2360].JPG DSC_0026_1[2359].JPG th.jpg

You are right Impulse really pops. Something different too

Is it getting the Hockey stick stripe ?

Have to agree with the colour change.
    Ours being Deauville blue in different lights and angles seems to change colour all the time.
    Sometimes I look at her and think hmmmmm yeah okay.
    But other times wow love the colour.
    Must be the metallic colour in it?

Cheers Kiwivan
    It is not about the journey,It is the style we travel in!

Thread Information