Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How far would you go to restore a car?!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How far would you go to restore a car?!

Check these videos out......gotta say, these guys are committed....but it begs the question.... how far gone is too far gone?

Has anyone ever airlifted a Sandman out of a swamp?? .....or had to chainsaw a clear path through a forest to get a Sandman out after putting a new driveline in?

Inspirational to say the least...... tip my hat to these guys.

Take a moment and enjoy....and i dont think ill ever complain about rust again!!

Yeah there worth big $$$$$ them now thats why especially the last one

Great stuff. That first one especially how they get that old thing going after 40 years! Awesome.

Amazing. They must be worth the effort to restore. You would of thought they were common enough in Europe even with the prices they pull.

A lot of work when the floor is missing and that's the structural part of the car with the engine/gearbox etc.

Mauser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    Amazing. They must be worth the effort to restore. You would of thought they were common enough in Europe even with the prices they pull.

A lot of work when the floor is missing and that's the structural part of the car with the engine/gearbox etc.

Mauser
    One of those multi window ones went for over 200K last year
    madness

VW people are a special kind of special.

I get spoiled where I am. Lots of good rust free cars. Probably why I have more projects than I'll ever need.

I had a split screen kombi the old man said they will never be worth a thing and scrapped it I know we're there is 76 model it is probably worth putting in the shed?

Banned
    I saw a split screen at a clearing sale about 15 years ago. It struggled to make $100. Was in good order to. I reckon it made about what it's still worth...

pretty cool
    BQZ

I have a mate with a split screen project that makes some of those earlier pictures look good.... this thing is a pile of rust! He's in his 60's and it'll take at least 10 years to complete.... so he's essentially building it for someone else but he's determined to push on with it.
    He asked me to sandblast it for him and I told him if I did, he'd only have fresh air left to work with! I reckon there will be less than 5% of the original metal left when done.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Thread Information