Thread: HDT VF Sandmans

HDT VF Sandmans

So, i have seen a few guys that have approached HDT, and theyre working together to make limited editions HDT VF Sandmans.

Nothing yet on the HDT website, but theyre fleshing out option packages from what i understand. Vehicles will be numbered...much to the delight of VF Sandman owners.

Not sure if theres performance upgrades or just cosmetic at this stage. No doubt more info will come to hand with prices of options and when it'll be available to the public....if it isnt already.

Theses are vehicles #001 & #002

Mine is build No. 58. I also heard a rumour that HDT are finalising a custom sandman canopy for the Utes. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is though.
    Last edited by davegmh; 08-04-2017 at 04:24 PM.
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

Banned
    All a bit late for product development surely?

i reckon they will offer it as a retro fit package for big $$$?
    BQZ

Until they build an all steel canopy with full internal access to the cabin, I'm not interested.

It's an interesting addition. Seems a whole lot of Sandman Sports Wagons didn't sell (or didn't sell well).
    Doing this (HDT Upgrade) certainly makes them more desirable. Still not sure that the wagon should carry the Sandman name but wasn't my decision and I'll live with it.

I don't have any issue with the Van roof being fibreglass (at least it doesn't rust!) although steel would be a nice feature it isn't going to happen unless you do it yourself.
    Full internal access to the cabin, I have done and had it fully engineered. That said though Ford and even Holden had steel divider/load protection wall from factory or as an option over certain models. Anyway, nothing like climbing and standing all over your crappy plastic console or putting your foot through your upholstery clambering into the back via the cabin or vice-versa.

I think it's more a mental thing...

Don't mind it.....

Thread Information