Thread: HQ Belmont - Windscreen Chrome Mouldings and Gutter line

Learner Driver

HQ Belmont - Windscreen Chrome Mouldings and Gutter line

Hi, My HQ van is a 2/74 Belmont and I am having troubles to work out how my chrome moulds will fit around the gutter line. The gutter that runs above the window continues down the side of the windscreen. I have looked at quite a few photos and it appears that some have it an others do not. It looks factory as the old sealant in there does not look to be touched. It may be that I just have the wrong chrome moulds for the van, but looking at photos some vans appear to have the gutter line stop at the top of the windscreen. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Its probably the lack of windscreen that is throwing you. The side ones sit over that side edge with the holes in it, and the screws go in from the side where the door frame sits. Hope I explained it alright

Just remember to use HQ windscreen moulds rather then HJ onwards, because they are different.
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

As Agro points out HQ are different. Bit not only to HJ-WB but also within their own years '71-'74 so you need to find the correct ones for your model year.
    Some HQ models the gutter is screwed on, others it is welded. This became evident to me when people would bring them in for chrome plating.

Learner Driver
    Thanks for the help guys, I'll see how I go

Thread Information