Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: howdy all

howdy all

hello everyone im new to this forum, but tag along with VCSA when i can, my pano has been off the road for a little over a year now so thats slowed us down a fair bit. ive got a HQ with a HZ front. owned the beast for 7 years and shes my baby not a sandman but im glad its not, as then id want to restore to original glory instead a custom job im going to do. have a nice big mural planned shes a bit of a wird van as the numbers all say something different. the plan is to stick an injected 5L in as i now have a disabilty which makes it very hard to fiddle with temperamental carbys. so my current 308 is up for sale. if anyone is keen let me know, will need a rebuild but is a very nice motor. the disabilty is making the resto rather slow, as a lot of it i will b doing using my feet. LOL! a few of u i may already know from the majestic vanners forum. im a qualified spray painter, tho an injury stopped it, i can still offer advice whre needed, so feel free to pick my brain for paint/panel questions
    heres a piccie of my beast. i miss driving it so much its not funny. my car at the min has nothing on my panelvan.

this is what she looked like before a minor quick tidy up

the planned murals

and the for sale engine
    1973 HQ with HZ front. Currently waiting for its resto.
    308 for sale too

hey there epic dragon

Welcome to the forums, it will be great to see a fantastic new muralled van in the making - especially in SA.

there's quite a few of us SA people on here and Raz and Bec from VCSA are on the forum too.

catchya round

Ski man

Welcome to the forums.

Did you get the side windows filled in by someone or did you do those yourself?

Cheers,
    Ambientgoat

Welcome Epic Dragon, love the drive-in Pic...brings back good memories

Quote Originally Posted by the ski man View Post
    hey there epic dragon

Welcome to the forums, it will be great to see a fantastic new muralled van in the making - especially in SA.

there's quite a few of us SA people on here and Raz and Bec from VCSA are on the forum too.

catchya round

Ski man
    And another!

Great to see another nice van in SA!

Yay welcome mate. We miss your presence too, will be good to have you and your van back on the road. Pitty you're not closer for people to help u out with the resto. Maybe you'd be interested in hiring out a shed with Aaron...... we still looking for one at the moment :/
    I love that pic of you with your van. One day Ill get one too, mine doesn't look pretty enough to take a picture of it, let alone pose with it.
    Lets get some more VCSA people on here. :D We need some more members so we get vans on our cruises Most members vans are off road at the moment, so we looking pretty pathetic. :cry:
    77 HX Sandman
    62 Deluxe Beetle sold :(
    64 Deluxe Beetle
    74 Kombi - Now for sale

Quote Originally Posted by HX_Bec View Post
    Most members vans are off road at the moment, so we looking pretty pathetic. :cry:
    Hey Hey, im working on it allright.... (end of october / early november i'll be rolling again, all shiny and new-like)

Epic_Dragon - being a spray painter, are you planning to do the murals yourself?

Welcome to the forums, glad you found us and hope you enjoy your stay.

So how Epic are you really?

thanks for the lovely welcome eveyrone thats a good idea hiring a big shed bec, i think the only way i may finish the beast is with a bit of help physically.
    i did those window ambientgoat, dad made some panels up, it was a quick fix as the roof was sort of sinking and pushing the windows out and i didnt like the windows, and cracked one haha. sort of did them mostly with my feet. used panel glue instead of welding. btu as the old girls already a bit warped it is a bit wobbly down there. the plan is to cut out the window holes again, but get a side from a windowless pannie and weld those in. and put the struts in the back that get taken out when they get windows in. im pretty proud of the effort of gluing them in with my feet hehe. lot of blood sweat and tears into this pano. i veyr much miss coming down to the cruises bec. i wish i could drive further myself, the skylines a bit harder for me to drive far than the pano, panelvan is the lightest steering car ive ever met!
    u will get one of those piccies bec :D when urs is finished and mine is finished we will have some ohoto fun
    and yes ski man, that is the plan, tho my right hand doesnt work, and my left isnt far behind. ive managed to do a few left handed drawings and one left handed airbrushing, but it takes me a while and is very painful, and a bit strange usings a very weak none dominant hand, but ill post some piccies up. i did 2 paintings for friends and family the mural on my tailgate was my first lft handed experience. im currently trying to paint a remote control helicppter shell with an airbrush and my left hand ill keep u posted how it goes, jsut for some extra cash as working is difficult currently.

the bonnet was i think last thing i did bored one day pre injury, and the rc car was pre injury. rest is left handed.

308 for sale too

making sense of my HQs tags?

hope i put this in the correct section wasnt sure to post in here, or in the data thread. but can u guys make sense of my panelvans tags? they open up some confusion. and the tags certainly r not a strong point of mine. HQ belmont. but from others looking seems to suggest it was assembled in a few places? LOL!

308 for sale too

Thread Information