Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: howdy all

Nice tags.. 1/74 I think you may have the oldest van displayed here at mySandman.

Of course that's until Ozbox or HK1837 post one up :Chin:

Banned
    I love those road rebel wheels. If you get sick of them I know a wb that would like wearing them

haha yes would b one of the oldest shes not a bad bus tho. went thru regency with flying colours to get off defect couple years ago

i love the rebels too. polished them up after those photos. look heaps better all shiny! someone tried to steal them once tho, only lock nut kept them on. until i drove and wheel came off haha. then worked it out.
    1973 HQ with HZ front. Currently waiting for its resto.
    308 for sale too

Who made the Rebaels?I almost thought they were globes.What size are they.

Cheers Kiwivan

cheviot made the rebel from memory....

the oldest van here?, no, that would be me old mate millsy's FE panno wouldn't it?
    http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...-tyre-capacity!
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

cheviot did a copy of the rebels but rebel wheels in wollongong did the original race wheels which looked much the same..

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwivan View Post
    Who made the Rebaels?I almost thought they were globes.What size are they.

Cheers Kiwivan
    only last year i sold a set of 15x8 and 15x10 original rebels in hq to wb pattern..the most common size seen in cheviot is 14x7 but i have seen a few 14x8 in.

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic_Dragon View Post
    hope i put this in the correct section wasnt sure to post in here, or in the data thread. but can u guys make sense of my panelvans tags? they open up some confusion. and the tags certainly r not a strong point of mine. HQ belmont. but from others looking seems to suggest it was assembled in a few places? LOL!

It's a 6cyl HQ Belmont van. All tags look fine, and all from Pagewood plant. Very unusual though to see a HQ van outside of a 308 Sandman to have all 3 x ENG, TRANS and RRAXLE codes filled in. This one has optional components in all three ie 202, trimatic and 3.36:1 banjo.
    If it was a Sandman it'd be the earliest Pagewood example recored so far. I have plenty of earlier 1974 model vans though. Plus 1 x 1/74 HQ L31 Sandman from Acacia Ridge and a possible 12/73 pilot from the same plant with the same build configuration.

cheers where was teh pagewood plant? would b nice if it was a closet sandman haha. but think the old girl is one of those odd balls by the sounds.

i think my rebels r 14x7. pretty sure. been a while since ive gotten tyres and i get brain fog quite a lot thesedays lOL!!
    1973 HQ with HZ front. Currently waiting for its resto.
    308 for sale too

Pagewood is in Sydney.

Sandman Guru
    It's not an oddball, just a normal HQ Belmont van. Just optioned to a 202 and trimatic and a better ratio diff to suit. Standard was 173, 3spd and 3.55. Nothing Sandman about it unfortunately, but a 6cyl HQ Sandman isn't really all that special or valuable anyway, despite how rare they are. So mod it and enjoy it!

Thread Information