Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engine Rebuild or Crate Motor ??

in terms of added value/retaining value, you'll be better off sticking with carbie. If it's numbers matching then maybe a rebuild of original motor is a good idea. the alternative is to find a runner and stick that in and just set the original motor aside. Then it depends on what use you have in mind too. A 308 and 5 speed is pretty slick setup. inj 304 and T5 is even better again. I had a 304 and T5 in an HQ Van. Best drive line hands down. No coughing, no issues starting cold or when hot etc. You can use existing tank with no mods at all. Just put a VN elec pump and keep the tank full. Plumb fuel return into breather on the top of the tank. Other wiring requirements should be straight forward if you find VN VP as they have less modules and computers etc. I think mine only had 2 wires that needed to join the existing loom? it looked very basic.
    BQZ

Banned
    I agree Vombil. I would choose a injected 5 litre for my HX Sandman. It's musings it's driveline and was a 253 originally. I always liked the 253 but I like the injected motor more. They went really well and have somewhat been forgotten about. It's a chev engine these days. But if it's a budget build and you have the correct motor there's nothing wrong with a well sorted 253. Especially with a 5 speed.

Thread Information