Thread: Help

Learner Driver

Help

Hi guys probably more of the same question already asked before can anyone confirm what I actually have.? Sorry just a noob hehe I have a hj van I bought almost 15 years from a guy that had been sitting in a shed for 10 years before it is still sitting in a shed now almost 25 years this baby is rust free but in some need of a lot of love my question is can anyone confirm is it a sandman.?
    Placard 9930173ND
    Built 05/75
    Seating 2
    GVW 2200
    HJ8WM70
    1899-19v
    567-15945
    8m70tel309679J
    L31 M41 GU7

Nice combo Andy, Jade green with black, nothing there says ain't Sandman, pointing to it, full headlining is going to seal it.

Learner Driver
    Hey Sandro thanks for the reply it has a full roof lining im planning full resto next year I did have some concerns as it has vinal floor and no arm rests.? But it's truly the perfect resto it's only done 211000km

Put up plenty of pics of your restro i'm doing the same atm

Quote Originally Posted by Andy 1 View Post
    Hey Sandro thanks for the reply it has a full roof lining im planning full resto next year I did have some concerns as it has vinal floor and no arm rests.? But it's truly the perfect resto it's only done 211000km
    That's pretty low km, interesting history. Can't wait to see your progress. No armrests on early hj is I'm pretty sure the way they came, or at least a lot seem to be this way. Dont know when they introduced carpet, never seen vinyl on a hj myself, but I don't know either way. hq had vinyl and not even a carpet option on Belmont apparently.

Learner Driver
    It's one of those funny story's you only dream of my first car was a hq windowless van which was my pride and joy at that stage of my life I lived a breathed cars I spend all my spare time working on and fixing up cars in my mates shed. It so happened that's we another mate that always talked about a mate he had that owned this sandman so many story's but what happened was one day he so happened to run into to him years after he moved away Paul asked about his van and it went well I still have it and my old man wants his shed back so he had called the wreckers they said $500 we will pick it up that afternoon omg Paul rang me I said I'm going there that van is mine I almost lost my job because I walked out did 100mile an hour straight there I was speechless gave him 500$ took the battery out of my other van left it there and drove the sandy home still to this day I can't believe it but it was just meant to be......

Talk about right place/right time. Wanna double your money? Haha.

Did it have white stripes or none?

Right place at the right time with the perfect outcome. Nice work

Thread Information