Thread: salisbury 3.08 diff centre wanted perth

salisbury 3.08 diff centre wanted perth

Just as the title says if any one in perth has a 3.08 salisbury they want to offload or know where I might be able to get one from please let me know. thanks

I just got a diff centre for my salisbury it's 3.08 I am told it's out of a tonner, after some research I have found out they have different size axles and yokes can anyone confirm this for me?

axles are no issue...still fits...
    yoke will take a larger universal joint if it is indeed a 1 tonner diff..you will need a step down universal which goes from the 29ml 1 tonner yoke to the smaller v8 universals on the tailshaft.repco sells these for around $60 bucks depending where you shop....you will also need the u bolts for the pinnion of the 1 tonner diff..easiest way to id these is they have 1/2 inch nuts instead of 7/16th nuts..
    you could also change the yokes but i suggest you dont unless you know someone real good with diffs..

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by abncraig View Post
    I just got a diff centre for my salisbury it's 3.08 I am told it's out of a tonner, after some research I have found out they have different size axles and yokes can anyone confirm this for me?
    just to confirm somethin here...you got a complete diff axle to axle or you got a centre which would just be gears?:knockout:

just the gears in the hemisphere I think it is running a 2.6 at present but I haven't confirmed this yet. so am I able to change just the centre or do I have to go back to the drawing boards??

ok..if you got the gears in the hemi did you get the pinnion gear as well..??..if you didnt take it back coz its supposed to be a matched set..
    if you did get the pinnion as well now you need the housing because 2.60 and 2.78 ratios stand alone for housings..3.08 3.36 3.55 4.1 4.44 will all use the same housing..
    back to the original question,if you do have the crown wheel and pinnion gears from a 1 tonner it will not matter coz you wont have a yoke to change and the axle splines are the same..

Thread Information