Quote Originally Posted by Lastxc View Post
Thanks again guys for your input, yes it's a good ute and even if not a Sandman it's a very close factory build spec. I'll pull the console out when I get a chance and look at the mounts. One other question the compliance plate says it is a 9/75 build but the VIN says 1976. So if built in Sept 1975 would it not have been built to the GMV spec applicable at the time, 2200 as plated? My question relates around the reduction of the GMV in later built Sandman's. Did the springs change on the rear of the Sandaman's or did they stay the same and just reduce the GMV on the compliance plate?
Like GM in the states at the time Holden changed up the model year in about September preceding the year. In the states this usually meant a completely new looking model, so for example the 76 Pontiac model range would be released in September 75. Manufacturers still do this now, you can probably but a Year Model 2017 Subaru or whatever out of a showroom now.

No changes to springs or anything else on the car, bar the tyres. The heavier GVM had commercial tyres fitted, lower GVM had passenger car tyres