Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is my ute a Sandman or optioned Kingswood..?

Learner Driver

Is my ute a Sandman or optioned Kingswood..?

I've always thought my ute was just GTS optioned but after doing some research, I'm now starting to second guess myself.. Any info proving one way or the other would be greatly appreciated..

Model: HJ8WM80
    Body: 49GG51M
    Trim: 1886-19V
    Paint: 568-15949
    Eng: L31 Trans: M21 Axle: GV4

HJ Coupe Utility
    9-75
    BHJ 09019M
    GVW 2200kg
    Seating Cap 2

8M80TFJ496651J

VIN: BHJ 21638 B
    Last edited by Rick Ehlers; 14-09-2016 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Tried to enter another line in the tag column

Certainly well optioned... I couldn't imagine someone ordering that combination without ordering a Sandman but.....
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Probably be best off with a Holden Historical Services report for that one.

Its not a Kingswood, its a base Holden Ute. Sandman ute of that era could be based on either, so that's fine. The only thing that is going to tell you for sure is a physical inspection for original full console mounts. BTW if that VIN is the number on the chassis then looks like the chassis has been swapped out at some stage or tags off a different car. Otherwise nothing on tags to say sandman or not. Good combo either way

from the id tags it does look like a base model de-rated sandman ute ,usually you see 2 seater with a 8W N 80 to be the kingswoods, but better do a history check to verify

Learner Driver
    Hey Sandaro, I read on this forum that the Sandman VIN's weren't stamped until dispatch...? Unless I misunderstood..

- - - Updated - - -

Hey playwme, how do I go about obtaining a Historical Report..?

^^ i agree with george. Ive seen quite a few HJ normal GVM kingswood utes that are not sandmans

i highly recommend HHS. Best $90 you'll spend. Outstanding service
    BQZ

Learner Driver
    Hey Sandaro, it came with bucket seats & console, mounts are factory fitted.. It has the vinyl trim across the the rear of the cab below the window & finishes on the beam above the floor pan.. The roof lining finishes just below the upper seatbelt mount on the B-pillar, it's just body colour paint from there down..
    The exterior is painted yellow with all the blacked-out areas as per Sandman with the stripe across the tailgate.. Just doesn't have the side stripes or Sandman logo
    Last edited by Rick Ehlers; 15-09-2016 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Made a mistake with specifications

Learner Driver
    Hey Big Rob, I have seen another ute the same as mine while driving through traffic in Maroochydore.. An elderly couple were driving it, looked like they'd had it from new.. Was even the same colour with all the same markings.. The tailgate stripe stood out & that's what caught my eye.. I suppose what I'm saying is that it wasn't a one off build, must've been a run of them, but how many..?

Learner Driver
    Hey Vombil, will defiantly do a HHR but just don't know how to go about it..?

Thread Information