Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is my ute a Sandman or optioned Kingswood..?

Hey Rick, sounds good if its got those features. Note that regardless of when chassis number stamped during production, the number on the tag near the seating capacity should be a match to the one on the rails.

Just a note about comments about the GVM, their was no derated tyre at time of this Ute. So at 9/75 GVM on XX7 the same as any V8 ute and not a clue to whether sandman or not

Just google holden historical services and you'll find their website

Banned
    If it is 8WM with factory console mounts front and rear then the body almost definitely is Sandman. You could not get a console in 8WM only 8WN in HJ except Sandman. But that's pretty slim proof really as anyone half handy can replicate these. HHS is your best bet.

Learner Driver
    Hey Team,
    I've followed your advice & started the HHS report.. Hopefully this report will answer all our questions & find out why my VIN is different to the tag..
    I'll keep you all posted & thanks again for your advice..

Learner Driver
    Ok Team, have confirmation from Ben at HHS to say it is a Highend spec Sandman ute, built in the Dandenong factory & sold in WA.. Also confirmed that it's not the original chassis, so I'll talk with Main Roads to see if they can help create a time line for the changes..

Thanks again for everyone's help, I really appreciate all the advice given to help me solve this mystery..

Good one Rick, nice specs, I love 308 manuals. Could of just had a front end accident sometime in the last 40 years that resulted in chassis being dumped and replacement in

Thread Information