Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Papaya

Noticed you changed wheels

jason.ruff
    Yep the runoff should be a cracka, so long as it doesn't get to cold to soon. I lived in Darwin for 10 years before moving over here 2 years ago. I was a member of the CHCCNT for a few years. Sandman stripes will be put on once I get some minor paint anomalies sorted out.

Valencia
    Well spotted, I was originally going to go with GTS Ralle wheels but have had a change of mind (mainly lack of money) so I put on a set of Delta wheels which I reckon will look sweet once the stripes go on. If they don't, I guess I will sell a kidney and buy some GTS rims.

G'day folks,

The day has finally arrived, after 10 months of serious cutting, welding, sanding, painting and internal restoration my van is now registered. Although still not quite finished to where I want it to be, it is good to go with some minor paint anomalies to be rectified. Once rectified the remainder of the Sandman stripes will be applied. Below is a photo of the tailgate sticker that my wife and I put on last weekend.
    My van is certainly not a show van but it is my pride and joy and I am simply amazed at the transformation from a rusted unloved van that probably should have been scrapped, to what it is today.
    Look out open roads, here we come....

image.jpeg image.jpeg

So where do you go when you finally get your van on the road, to the local cafe of course.
    A Chiko Roll, a Chokito Bar and a Strawberry Milk Shake was in order, unfortunately however the cafe was shut so off home I drove feeling a little disappointed, however not unhappy as my baby just purred along as if it was meant to be.

image.jpg

Looking good!!

As for a chiko roll, the place being closed did you a favour....you could bog up a sill with those. After having a bad experience driving the Nullabor, I now live by the theory Menu board minus warming tray equals true selection.

FWIW I don't mind the strikers

Cheers Blue victor

Mate she is looking good

Cheers Kiwivan
    It is not about the journey,It is the style we travel in!

It is so so good to have the van on the road, I went for a run down to Cairns yesterday and a run up to the Daintree River today. Even thinking about heading out to the Mareeba drive-in tomorrow night.

image.jpeg

Excellent. Not many drive-ins left anymore. What's playing ?

Jason.ruff
    I didn't end up going, Mareeba is an hour and a half from home and I couldn't convince my wife that it would be just like the old days. ������.
    The movies were, Fast and the Fury and The Wall.

Thread Information