Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time to bite the bullet

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    believe this or not.. there is a bloke I know who wrecks Holdens from a 2 bedroom housing commission flat. he had an H series ute and mocked it up......wait for it....... as a Caribbean turquoise HZ Kingswood SL
    wtf??!! speak of the devil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/baysw...ute/1119753249
    BQZ

P Plater
    I received a reply from HHS "Unfortunately, in this instance your HZ Holden panel van - L466983- is not included in the HZ Holden Vehicle Master Listing we currently have. The reason for this is due to the implementation of the new One Line Reporting system from July 1978. L466983 was built (as in completed)as an HZ Holden panel van during the final week of October 1979. All the ID plates belong together as a 'set' and were on the one vehicle as originally built by GM-H at the Elizabeth, Adelaide plant."

HHS did advise that the trim colour was tan, I am happy with that, I just have to decide on a texture.

I also asked for can he advise if any of the Sandman panel van vehicles had a GVM of 2200? I notice that there are 2200's on aforum list by Byron.

P Plater
    I am also looking into the rear rib fixing of the headlining. Does the additional welded bar constitute a Sandman? Has anyone got pic?

No, not in HZ. Headlining was available in all HZ vans

Palais White with Tan trim is not a very common combo these days
    should look good when finished
    just do it

Quote Originally Posted by Dawso View Post
    HHS did advise that the trim colour was tan, I am happy with that, I just have to decide on a texture.
    The first reply to this thread advised you of that. It is unlikely your van is a Sandman. Unless you can find body indicators like all the correct console mounts, evidence of black outs and other Sandman pointers you'll have a hard time convincing people otherwise. That said, build it up as you please and make a nice thing.

Thread Information