Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Time to bite the bullet

67C was the base model Kingswood trim and 67V was the Kingswood SL trim, HZ didn't have a Belmont and the Holden base model got the Kingswood badge with the interior trim of the old base model. The Kingswood SL got the old style (HX HJ) Kingswood door trims. This coupled with the GVM of 2200 I would doubt if the van is a Sandman. Do the holes for the headlining in the back go through the standard lip at the top of the sides or does it have the extra strap spot welded along the lip?
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

P Plater
    I cannot recall seeing the extra strap welded to the lip so I would say holes through the standard lip.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick61 View Post
    67C was the base model Kingswood trim and 67V was the Kingswood SL trim, HZ didn't have a Belmont and the Holden base model got the Kingswood badge with the interior trim of the old base model. The Kingswood SL got the old style (HX HJ) Kingswood door trims. This coupled with the GVM of 2200 I would doubt if the van is a Sandman. Do the holes for the headlining in the back go through the standard lip at the top of the sides or does it have the extra strap spot welded along the lip?
    Not sure that's correct. Defiantly a 8WM in HZ and WB commercials. Sedans and wagons may have had the SL version.
    The base series had better options but it was still the base series given 8WM description. Kingswood was always 8WN till the end.
    I still suggest contacting HHS. Removes the guess work. Byron who no longer posts on this site will have the correct answer.

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Not sure that's correct. Defiantly a 8WM in HZ and WB commercials. Sedans and wagons may have had the SL version.
    The base series had better options but it was still the base series given 8WM description. Kingswood was always 8WN till the end.
    I still suggest contacting HHS. Removes the guess work. Byron who no longer posts on this site will have the correct answer.
    Yep... No Kingswood SL utes or vans as far as I am aware.... That was just a package on sedan and wagon.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

believe this or not.. there is a bloke I know who wrecks Holdens from a 2 bedroom housing commission flat. he had an H series ute and mocked it up......wait for it....... as a Caribbean turquoise HZ Kingswood SL
    BQZ

P Plater
    I appreciate everyone's help. I have requested a search with HHS to put it to bed. As per a previous post, I'm happy to have it either way. I will post the outcome FYI.

hey Chris thats not a bloke in Mayland by any chance?

WB do you actually read what is written? The base model in HZ got the base model trim and Kingswood badges. The Kingswood SL had the 8WN code but got the Kingswood SL badges. Base model trim is 67C, Kingswood trim is 67V which would have been the trim level in a Sandman. Oh BTW the word is Definitely not Defiantly.
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

Banned
    Nah mate I didn't read it. I think you have the c and v trim thing mixed up. They changed to c trim code in HZ and then for some reason reverted back to v in WB. It had nothing to do with the luxury level as far as I a aware. The trim specific thing for HZ was not the letter code. It was the number. The Sandman received a Kingswood only trim if optioned with that colour trim. It wasn't available on the base model that the Sandman was built from. Like 67V in HX. For this car to be a Sandman it would need to have 63C no 67C.
    I don't want to harp on. However the base model in WB and HZ were never Kingswood badged. The Kingswood was the Kingswood.
    Thanks for the spelling tip. I would never have suggested I was a great speller. Perhaps you could take it up with spell checker and stop it from correcting to the wrong word.
    Last edited by wbute; 28-07-2016 at 02:03 PM.

Base model Hz was a holden a kingswood was a kingswood and a kingswood sl was a sedan or wagon
    If you google the trim code there is a thread on fastlane about this code and a very similar van is discussed Byron reckoned 90% chance it was a sandman and the code did accur in late Hz

Thread Information