Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can I find a car if I only have the body identification plate?

Cruiser
    This vehicle was/is owned by a member of this forum I will PM them and they can fill you in on where it may be if they are keen.

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.jones View Post
    This vehicle was/is owned by a member of this forum I will PM them and they can fill you in on where it may be if they are keen.
    Ahh! You are the best!

Fingers crossed!

Hope they are keen, this is interesting.

But if not keen, oh well, hope it works out for all involved.

Yes I own the car in question, a little searching in the HJ Sandman section would have found the thread on it complete with pics of the tags.

Sorry but I rejected your friend request as I have no idea who you are or what your intentions are....... You obviously found out who has it.
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    What town Sandaro??
    Murrurundi. Anyone know of a black Hz ute riding on a hj chassis last known in Murrurundi a decade ago?

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    Yes I own the car in question, a little searching in the HJ Sandman section would have found the thread on it complete with pics of the tags.

Sorry but I rejected your friend request as I have no idea who you are or what your intentions are....... You obviously found out who has it.
    I did end up finding the thread on it after I was told someone on this forum owned it I am only new to this forum and thought I had to request you as a friend before sending a PM, but i just can't send them on phone!

I am interested in purchasing the car for my partner to restore (which I did see you already started). I will send you a PM if you are interested with more information?

My partner sold it in April 2013 (very reluctant sale) and I was hoping to surprise him by finding it for him
    Last edited by Cara Rake; 28-06-2016 at 08:32 AM.

Yeah sorry Cara, I understand you wanting to try and get his old car back but there is no way I would sell this car. I had a HJ van as a first registered car back in 1980 so not only sentimental to me but this one is also the pick of HJ Sandman's being a Brisbane built XX7 308 4sp with factory air. They are getting harder to find in good condition and values have shot up for good restorers.... I doubt I'd find another one.

This one has an interesting history.... sold in Mt Isa, engine probably overheated early in its life and received a Repco exchange engine from a HQ... I know it was there until the late 90's at least and then it found its way to Canberra where I purchased it.

I wish you good luck in trying to find a replacement if that is what you decide to do, I am sure most on this site will try to help you anyway they can.

Regards, Sean
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Learner Driver
    Thanks anyway!

Fingers crossed I can find something different he will like

If you ever change your mind you know who to contact!

Get him one already done so he can just jump in and enjoy. Usually works out cheaper than restoring as well. Canberra is a horribly expensive place to get work done, if you can even find someone to do it.

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    Get him one already done so he can just jump in and enjoy. Usually works out cheaper than restoring as well. Canberra is a horribly expensive place to get work done, if you can even find someone to do it.
    If I could I would He hasn't been interested in any others, only getting his old one back.

Thread Information