Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible HZ Sandman (?)

Quote Originally Posted by hz_van View Post
    Thanks all for the info and help.

I actually forgot to write the engine number down so will get that when I go back.

Unfortunately I am all too aware of what car restorations cost, particularly ones that need a lot of body work. I once got a quote for panel and paint for $42k for an early model ute that really wasnt that bad. In their defence they did say they would do a good job.... A complete well done car at the time could be picked up for around $30k. Poor condition doesnt stop me being starry eyed when looking though!

I thought apart buying it for parts but generally dont like parting out vehicles that are reasonably original and complete.

Will let you know how I go.

Cheers, Andrew
    Just whatever you do, no matter how desperate you are, DONT get these guys to do it!!!

http://www.gmh-torana.com.au/forums/...from-facebook/

check their google reviews!
    BQZ

Quote Originally Posted by hainzy View Post
    Just whatever you do, no matter how desperate you are, DONT get these guys to do it!!!

http://www.gmh-torana.com.au/forums/...from-facebook/
    Holy crap, that is absolutely disgusting.... Car was in good original condition and gets handed back like that... no way I would have paid for that, I would have just taken the car back and let the guy try to sue me... People need to learn what their rights are, also no way the guy with the engine could legally withhold it from her.

Non payment for services does not give you the right keep the vehicle or parts of the vehicle from the owner... it is illegal to do so.
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

$40000.00 to restore a car in the condition she states?

Googling the incident it was a pretty good 2nd owner car to start with.

Things just don't gell with this story. Yes, he is dodgey for sure, but can't help feeling we are not hearing the full story.

More to it than meets the eye and her story.

Quote Originally Posted by Maysik View Post
    $40000.00 to restore a car in the condition she states?

Googling the incident it was a pretty good 2nd owner car to start with.

Things just don't gell with this story. Yes, he is dodgey for sure, but can't help feeling we are not hearing the full story.

More to it than meets the eye and her story.
    Yes there is more to the story they just haven't burnt her they have done a few people over with this sort of stunt they are incompentent as tradesmen and scumbags at that
    one of them shirt fronted the woman whose car is in question

they ( the panel beaters )even had a customer arrested for threatening them
    i have been to these premises myself and it looks more like a wrecking yard than a restoration shop
    they leave freshly painted body shells out side in the weather let alone the unpainted ones

a big group of people whose cars are in the shop now or had work done are getting together with lawyer,the ATO.and the EPA
    i can see some bad times coming there way in the near future
    this is the full story
    i have spoken to Ivy and to say she and others are pissed off is an understatement

Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    Holy crap, that is absolutely disgusting.... Car was in good original condition and gets handed back like that... no way I would have paid for that, I would have just taken the car back and let the guy try to sue me... People need to learn what their rights are, also no way the guy with the engine could legally withhold it from her.

Non payment for services does not give you the right keep the vehicle or parts of the vehicle from the owner... it is illegal to do so.
    These scum usually work on a "upfront payment deal". You put down a deposit, once that money is spent you give them a bit more etc. they generally use that money to pay other bills they have from previous jobs rather than spending it on the car in question.
    It astounds me how customers get themselves into these situations. They get such tunnel vision over the end result they fail to do the required research beforehand and easily get talked into bad situations.

They did a guys HK panel van they did such a bad job the guy nearly commited suicide true story
    he cant bear to look at the mess they left him with

I couldnt fight my way out of a wet paper bag so Id be no good, but I really would love to see a group of bikies beat the living snot out of these weasels.

Someone should take to them with their own panel beating tools.

Quote Originally Posted by hainzy View Post
    I couldnt fight my way out of a wet paper bag so Id be no good, but I really would love to see a group of bikies beat the living snot out of these weasels.

Someone should take to them with their own panel beating tools.
    Dont worry that has been suggested a few times

Thread Information