Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What product to preserve, protect, and to stop vinyl trim drying and cracking

P Plater
    You may have got yourself sorted but regarding products to resto old vinyl, about three years ago I bought a spray bottle of Bowdens Own Vinyl Care for my Rex at the time. It was rubbish on the Rex vinyl but fantastic for old vinyl. Just wash and scrub with warm soapy water, then follow the instructions when applying the Bowdens.

P Plater
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawso View Post
    You may have got yourself sorted but regarding products to resto old vinyl, about three years ago I bought a spray bottle of Bowdens Own Vinyl Care for my Rex at the time. It was rubbish on the Rex vinyl but fantastic for old vinyl. Just wash and scrub with warm soapy water, then follow the instructions when applying the Bowdens.
    Awesome. Thanks mate, I'll grab some.

Quote Originally Posted by Geopaj View Post
    Hi sorry for my delayed response - I had to go interstate for a few days.

I'm happy to help (though I was a bit disappointed Jason, that I never got a reply from you to the PM I sent you back on 5/3/16 about advise and purchasing decals).

It's not a 'sticker' - it is a 'card' similar to manila folder material, and was inserted into the chrome card holder on the kick panel in my previous picture. As the card doesn't have any Holden insignia on it, and due to the fact that the ute was owned by a large fleet company (a "mining entity" according Holden Historical Services), I'm assuming the the servicing was done in-house rather than by a Holden dealer.

my guess is that a reference to 'driver responsibility' is fleet
    BQZ

P Plater
    Quote Originally Posted by Geopaj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawso View Post
    Awesome. Thanks mate, I'll grab some.
    I just wanted to provide some feedback... I grabbed a bottle of Bowden's 'Vinyl Care' (http://www.bowdensown.com.au/vinyl-care) and was pleasantly surprised to finally find a product that actually does what is reported on the bottle.

In fact, the whole Bowden's story, including their car collection, is an interesting read.

Thanks Dawso for the suggestion.
    Last edited by Geopaj; 22-12-2016 at 12:26 AM.

Thread Information