Thread: hj to hq gts dash conversion

Learner Driver

hj to hq gts dash conversion

iv bort a hx shell with a hj dash and want to convert it in to a hq gts dash how do i go about it?

Quote Originally Posted by auzzymussle View Post
    iv bort a hx shell with a hj dash and want to convert it in to a hq gts dash how do i go about it?
    I've never done it, but I believe you need to change the whole support frame as well.

You will need to remove hx subframe and weld in hq , only way to do it as they are totally different.

Yep.
    I knew a bloke that did it to his ute.... complete disassembly of the dash/firewall support area and re-welding a dash in from a donor car.
    In his words..... "A nightmare".
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Sandman Driver
    Yeah have to agree. Even after getting the HQ dash support and ahh pedal hangers? in, there'd be days and weeks twisting under the dash to get it all hooked up, pretty crucial stuff too (brake light switch adjustment, demister pipes etc.. ). Difficult pretty yuck work. I'm sure you'd find on the way that you'd need a full donor HQ for everything under the windscreen to the floor too, not just the dash.

Interested though to know why you're thinking about doing this. If its just because you have an HQ GTS dash, and dont have an HX one, you might be better off doing a trade on dashboards, or even finding an HQ shell might be cheaper in the end.

could be quicker and finish up having a true job would be to take it to a panelbeater andgetting it cut and shut thru pillars and floor

Thread Information